The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should be receiving soon my girlfriend's VF2 so I have a project when I get home from deployment. I am pretty handy with my VF2 so should be easy.

All I ask is dear god, don't let her car be faster than mine. I will never hear the end of it ;) I have a 2bular header and a decatt but other than that our cars are practically identical.

I put BOE toe links on hers while mine has the Sector 111. I am putting a Gpan 3 on her's like mine and have to come up with a surge tank solution. I currently have the Radium tank.

I wouldn't worry about her car being faster if she wasn't so darn competitive. I guess I could always put a piece of wood under her throttle (bwahahaha)

I will be home for the summer so we will get plenty of track time. She learned a Lotus in my car while I was deployed and then got her own and drove her car for over a year being NA. So she is doing quite the happy dance as she really misses the acceleration and power of my car.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ok here is my comment and for those that know Darrin or have had the pleasure of driving with him and seen his lights in your rear view mirror or followed behind him... know that he drives like no other. The spin outs, the off-road trips thru corn, heard the stories of playing with a GTR on the farm roads of Ohio, and well.. let's see tail of the dragon, and the numerous track days of 2013... Yes, I drove his car for a summer and those that did spirited drives with me know me. Oh and yes there was the autocross at Tire Rack. Yes, I am competitive.

So can I get some of you to stick up for me and tell Darrin that he probably should be a happy man and enjoy himself being with a woman like me. Could be worse? I could hate cars altogether... if that was the case, we wouldn't have met. Oh and for those of you that don't know how we met... I saw his lotus first and then saw him. So yes, the Lotus did attract a girl...
me -poke- Darrin

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Yep, she needs a restrictor plate on the intake side before the supercharger. It can be done very discretely.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I hear that a really BIG pully on the supercharger and a really SMALL one on the crank is the way to go, Darrin. I'm sure you've heard that too, right?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh the most important comment I forgot to add, is she is really fast, even NA.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me to stay ahead of her

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Hmmm. Time to find some heat cylcled out Hoosier A6 tires then.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes Kim, it is wonderful that you love cars, are a awesome driver and are very competitive.

But the best part is, I can tease you about all of this ;)

Your Pumpkin will be super fast and make me work extra hard

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Get a room you two !!!

;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And thanks for all the ideas guys, if she ends up destroying me, one of these might happen to her car ;)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
You need to just ditch your VF2 and convert over to the dark side... the turbo life is calling. I will have a manifold with your name on it should you ever decide to convert.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
All I gotta say is this summer is gonna be extremely competitive between us. I wish there were track days that we could race wheel to wheel. I guarantee we'd all have a blast driving at break neck speeds inches apart.

·
Registered
455 Posts
All I gotta say is this summer is gonna be extremely competitive between us. I wish there were track days that we could race wheel to wheel. I guarantee we'd all have a blast driving at break neck speeds inches apart.
While it's a far stretch from W2W racing, there's no reason you couldn't both sign up to do a HPDE, run in the same group and follow each other onto grid so you can run together. There will be plenty of opportunities to get out to play on the track next year, we just need more folks willing to step up an do it! Laps regularly has a handful of reasonably quick Lotus drivers. Keep an eye out, schedules should be coming out soon. I'm hoping to have my 2014 events pretty well figured out in the next month or so. Would be great to see some of the LT crowd out there!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes following the leader is soooo much fun. Except with the Porsche club where they will yell at you for being to aggressive. (isn't that right Jeff:D)

Hopefully I will get to play the leader some this coming track season. But even if not, we are having way too much fun!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts