The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I listed my Elise for sale on eBay last week. I've received the usual questions from eBay members about the car, maintenance, selling price, history etc...

The unusual thing, however, is that I've received 4 messages from women on eBay that have nothing to do with buying the car. One woman offered herself in a bikini if I wanted to "retake" pics of the car with her in it. :rolleyes: Another one wanted to offer her "services" driving the car to its new owner. The others were just propositions :eek: that had nothing to do with the car.

My question is, is this the new way women are looking to meet men? Are they now searching the eBay car listings to hook up with owners of "exotic" cars?

I expected the usual questions from prospective buyers like "can I test drive it?", "does it have a hard top", "was it tracked", etc...

I didn't expect questions like "what do you look like?", "are you single", "will you take me for a ride"...

The funny thing is, there are no pics of me in any of the eBay pictures. I could be a fat, 85 year old man selling my Elise and these chicks would never know.

Has anyone else had this experience while selling a car on eBay?.. .(or anywhere else?)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
This is a Major E-Bay scam. Don't fall for it. Send me the names and phone numbers and I'll take care of this problem for you. If you can send me some pictures it would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
OT - I listed a phone for sale and this guy in Nigeria bought it. He wants me to ship it out next day/right away. Is this a scam????? :thwack:

There must be enough stupid people around for these Nigerian scam artists to continue fishing like this.

Back on topic, yes, please ask for pics and post here.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Find the creapiest picture of an dirty old man (or woman) you can and send it to them. See if they are still interested.

Tell them the auction is a scam, you don't actually own one, but if it works you are going to pick one up.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
There is a huge amount of spam like this on myspace.
Many car owners on myspace think they are being targeted, but they hit everyone there.
Ebay may be the same thing now.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Maybe Ebay is diversifying and offering more services.

Ebay Car Skank service can be added to your ad for $20. Please check box if you wish to add this to your auction. Please pick one of the following options. Blue bikini, Black Bikini, Red Bikini.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
429 Posts
I got a few hits from ' models " wanting to know if I would like to reshoot pic's on a Porsche I sold last month on there, I think they are legit and just out to make a buck, they did send pic's along with the emails, very impressive but I believe they have spent some money on up-grades which IMHO they did not need in the first place.

And before anyone asked, I passed on the offers (2) and the car sold just fine.

Todd :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
My Elise has been on Ebay for the past week as well. I wonder why I haven't gotten any propositions from female bikini models. If you hot bikini models are out there, please feel free to email me.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...very impressive but I believe they have spent some money on up-grades which IMHO they did not need in the first place.

Todd :)
Gotta love women with "upgrades".

I admire good craftsmanship.

;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
My guess is because you're located in west hollywood; seems like a lot of people go to hollywood/LA and try to make it big as models, actors, smooze with the rich, etc. They probably saw your exige and land rover in one of the pictures and figured you're a baller.

I bet if you add a picture of your car next to a pile of cash and diamonds, you'd certainly get many more of those messages.

Maybe you should take them up on their offer - it could be your next great business idea - plasma window of a bunch of hot chicks :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts