The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
LOL :D I've never seen a post from any of those guys before !

I never knew the Elise was using a V6 !! :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
They're all SoCal autocrossers.
That was back when Elisetalk was also hosting the local autocross board, befroe we all got too big for our britches... :D
LOL :D

I miss read that and left the 'r' out of the last word ...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
That's really cool to look back - those were the days, in fact here is a photo of a bunch of us Elisetalkers during those early days - Boy doesn't Randy look young ? He's the one on the upper left !

Attachments

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Damn, i wasn't even on this forum at that time. I still didn't know the car was coming here or that this site even existed.

·
Registered
758 Posts
mikester said:
That's really cool to look back - those were the days, in fact here is a photo of a bunch of us Elisetalkers during those early days - Boy doesn't Randy look young ? He's the one on the upper left !
Is that you in the lower right ?! :D

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I think that a V6 was headed to the car for a time before things were finalized. If the next Elise is the rumoured 250-350 pounds heavier, then some more punch will have to be added.

BTW an old Colin Chapman saying was that for every pound more of Engine the car weights goes up five pounds. Due to the stronger mounts, additional cooling, stronger gearbox, driveshafts and so forth. My Europa S2 with the Renault engine and gearbox has a light drivetrain. About 200 pounds for a dressed motor and about 60 for the gearbox! Only 52 RWHP stock though!!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
No wincing at all on my end... and as far as I can tell, no cliquing either... assuming that is even a word. :)

Mike.. I know you won't believe this... But it's much more about your perception than reality.

I have not changed what I have been posting about Lotus in 3 years, with the exception that previous there was nothing to complain about. And yet even though I list things I think are wrong, things I don't like about the car or accessories... things I think are bad with the communication and organization... I keep hearing things like "you can't say anything negative on Elisetalk" or "they are all cheerleaders for Lotus" and much more.

From my perspective, I have been consistent and try to maintain a middle ground that does not buy into emotional rants and only deals in what I know. And I try to correct incorrect assumptions, based on what I do know. That really is all.

In the end, FOR ME, this is not about Lotus. I did not buy this car because I was a Lotus fan, though others may be... which is totally cool. But not me. I bought it because of what it is and does. And my goal was a community of owners that help each other and have fun. That is it in a nutshell.

If I have a clique, I would have to learn who it is, because it is very unclear to me.

Regarding ego... mine has always been as big as it is now. :)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Randy Chase said:
no cliquing either... assuming that is even a word. :)

i think it is a sound oft heard in corridors of high schools

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
LotusLust said:
i think it is a sound oft heard in corridors of high schools
:)

Agreed, and something I hated then... and still do. I refused to join one.

Hell, I really have no idea what one would call a clique here. I know some of you from SpyderChat or MR2OC and some from autocrossing. Some from Miata.NET. Some have just been on ET a long time so I feel I know you, Mike included. Some have helped more in moderating, but that really does not equate to me wanting to hang out with them or anything. Some I barely know but feel gratitude for what they have done.. like Stan's and YELOTUS's posts... and Alete's bringing me food in Austin. Keith and James letting me sleep at their place. Lotuslust making sure I did not get lost in Tennessee and find out what the local hobby late at night really is. :p

And many more...

Perhaps clique is related to those regionally close? I guess that makes sense... they will end up doing stuff together. I could not make that NE bar-b-que sadly. But for me... I don't see that as a clique.

·
Registered
758 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts