The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

As I've been trying to twist some of your arms into bringing your cars out to the track (great seeing Frank and Erik (ERP) out yesterday) I figured I'd post up a video from yesterday's lapping day. Cold and rainy/sleety in the morning but it dried out at lunch (but stayed chilly). Managed to run my personal best on street tires, 2:07.1

Car is stock power, stock brake calipers and stock suspension. Was on great condition Toyo R888s

My goal for this season is a 2:02 on slicks. Traqmate put my theoretical best lap at 2:06 on streets so I know the car can do it.

Come out and see what your car can do - I promise we'll keep you safe :)

-Ross

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Picking up a spare set of tires and wheels, Thanks MightyMike, within a week or so.

Odds of me enjoying a track day are going up.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hey Ross, it was a fun track day on Friday. I enjoyed taking a few laps in the hail/rain. That's a great track time. My best is also 2.07 on A048s, but I have a 280 hp supercharged engine. On turn 7 you are 5 mph faster than I am, which shows the benefits of your aero and wider front tires.

I've reviewed the video of the WRX that powered off the track, he did hit his brakes just as his car left the track, which was about 3 seconds too slow.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Ross, it was a fun track day on Friday. I enjoyed taking a few laps in the hail/rain. That's a great track time. My best is also 2.07 on A048s, but I have a 280 hp supercharged engine. On turn 7 you are 5 mph faster than I am, which shows the benefits of your aero and wider front tires.

I've reviewed the video of the WRX that powered off the track, he did hit his brakes just as his car left the track, which was about 3 seconds too slow.

Was the WRX STi white?? If so that was me.... and thats what happens when you melt your front brakes.... That was my first time running HPR, and everything I had read on the forums led me to believe that my brake setup was fine for lapping. Turns out it was not. HP+s last about 4-5 laps before disappearing. I learned that lesson the hard way, and there was no way of saving it other than to put it in the dirt in the safest way possible. Oh well, everything ended up working out.

FWIW, before the brakes went out, I was managing times under 2:10 on RS3s...

Those Lotuses were sweet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts