98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Wow...that was nice Bibs!!!

BTW...did I hear HKS SSQV? :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live 10 mins from Brands and I'm a volunteer Motorsport Marshal there so I know the place well but this was the first time I've been on track, in fact it's my first ever track day so it was very exciting :D

It was 2 days ago, there's lots more footage I need to edit so there will be more video and good spot on the dump valve although it's an HKS 'type' SSQV which I'm product testing (there's a review on my site!)

Thanks for the comments, it really was a lot of fun and I can't wait to go again :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Very cool, Bibs! Good to see the Cossy behind you :D .

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Excellent! First time is always a thrill. You'll be hooked now for certian. Having that clear field in front must mean that you kept the competition at bay. Willbe watching for future documentaries of the Bibs racing career. :coolnana:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe it is much more difficult to drive than it looks. The ups and downs must be awesome. Are there any chances to drive the full track (old Grand Prix course)?
The bottom of Paddock Hill is a real stomach churner as you start to climb up Hailwoods on the other side and heading down to Graham Hill bend is ace as you can brake really late as there is so much weight on the front of the car already.

I've marshalled on the GP course (I was at Dingle Dell) but it's only open for a few days of the year due to the noise restrictions in place. People's back gardens are literally 20-30 yds from the armco. I'd love to live there with the noise and have lived close enough that I could sit on the balcony with a glass of wine listening to race engines through the evening however it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Al, I do think I'm hooked, I wanna go play again :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very nice Bibs. When are you buying a 2-Eleven?:p

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
A lap in the wet earlier in the day, this was butt clenching stuff but the car did incredibly well!
Dang that Esprit sounds good. Nice driving Bibs! :shift:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do need a 2Eleven I think!

I'm a volunteer Motorsport Marshal at Brands Hatch and on Saturday returned for a training day; setting cars on fire and putting them out etc. It's snowing here, this is the track first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh my Bibs, thats covered in snow alright. I love the sound of your car. So its a Sport 300 for your next purchase then :shift:

Good stuff and look forward to seeing more footage. Track days are addictive. I try and do at least two a year and done so for last six years, its such a treat. Thats why I hae aspired to the 350, its such a riot :coolnana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts