The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Deluge has begun. Someone sent me the link to this thread, its already 20 some odd pages and 80% is pure ignorance, everyone saying they're going to get one, some saying it needs nitrous ( and they're serious), some saying its an ugly roller skate, some saying its the ugliest car ever, some praises....

By the way, I just noticed the original poster linked to this forum...who is "phazed" here?

http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?threadid=213981&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Well the Deluge has begun.
Just wait till the magazines hit the stands.
Hopefully they won't all find us here and the Lotus Admin can lock them all out :)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Maybe not ALL of us, but they know who you are, Jenn. Unless they were referring to some other couple with a monster motorsports miata and a 347 rwhp miata. Somebody named "hard_rocker" on their forum mentioned that they knew 'a couple who was getting an elise."

Have you been slumming with the 'bling-bling' crowd? Be honest.
;)

Cade

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
General Mayhem? What's that? A site for social deviants? ;)

Anyways, the auto-related opinions that I value most need to come from other auto-enthusiasts and needs to come with some sort of supporting reason.

To the average person, a Miata, MR2, Elise, Accord, Buick is just a car with a different number of seats and different body style.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
LOL

is that car even fast?

i remember it being the slowest in need for speeed hot pursuit 2

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
OMG... The bling... cover your eyes!

Buy a civic and spend the rest on a paintjob, a nice wing, lower it and get a mad bodykit, it would be so much better with VTEC and all
Wow.:rolleyes:

Cade

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MotorCade said:
Maybe not ALL of us, but they know who you are, Jenn. Unless they were referring to some other couple with a monster motorsports miata and a 347 rwhp miata. Somebody named "hard_rocker" on their forum mentioned that they knew 'a couple who was getting an elise."

Have you been slumming with the 'bling-bling' crowd? Be honest.
;)

Cade
LOL, uh oh, I didnt see that. I didnt read all the posts because I felt I was losing intelligence with every read....

Hard_Rocker ( Ian) is the young man who linked me to that thread initially. He's a fellow miata owner ( and brit) who belongs to a local forum Im on. He also races locally and Ive given him a ride in a couple of my miatas.

He posted a link to General Mayhem on my local forum which is how I found it. I'll have to read thru it again. I hadnt even heard of this forum before, but Ian assures me that its collectively the dumbest forum on the net.

PS, I already have a set of 22's picked out. Werd.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I didnt see that. I didnt read all the posts because I felt I was losing intelligence with every read....
LOL...

My thoughts when I was on page 24.

1 I don't want to take an IQ test right now. Because it has to have dropped 20 points.
2. Can I have my 15 minutes back?

There were a couple guys there that seemed sharp.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
:D

Werd. I wish they made 23s.

I swear, reading their posts is like watching Beavis and Butthead. I feel dumber but it keeps me laughing.

Cade

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I just made the mistake of clicking that link and read about 8 pages into that thread before I started to feel sick to my stomach and closed it.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Actually, I would estimate that about 5% of the "dumb" posts on that thread were actually meant seriously. It just oozes sarcasm.

If you thought that the suggestion that the Elise should have "nawz" or the recommendation to rice out a Civic instead were in earnest, you need to get the 30,000 mile service done on your sarcasm detector...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I merely figured these are the types who would try to tie a helium-filled balloon to the car to make it lighter..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Rigel said:
I merely figured these are the types who would try to tie a helium-filled balloon to the car to make it lighter..
When anyone who knows anything about cars knows you have to keep the helium-filled balloon inside the car for it to make the car lighter.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I was checking the logs for my site and there's a ton of hits from there. I checked it out to see if I could add something to the converstation... Then I read the posts and decided that it was better if I stayed away. Too much crazy stuff, too many 1/4 milers.

Driving is more fun if you're sideways (if that's what you intended). :D

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Well, it seems word is starting to leak out...

All the boards are starting to be overrun by idiocy. Anyone up for starting a more exclusive e-mail group on yahoo that we could keep clear of (most) morons? I'd be willing to run it :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts