The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

Here's something that may make you feel better if you opt to help out. I know Tony Vaccaro, the guy making the request for Dave Tony is on the Lotus Ltd. board with me and it's not BS. If you are feeling SUPER courteous or just want to help a fellow Lotus nut out. Contact Tony Vaccaro.

Mark Pfeffer

Hello all....

What I am going to ask here is quite a bit...but here goes...

One of our LOONYs (Lotus Owners of New York) and Elan Sprint owner, Dave Redden, has been dealt a bad hand and has cancer of the colon that has spread to his lungs. I am sure you all know this is not good.

While nothing can be said for certain, we believe that if he ordered an Elise now....he would not be around to pick it up in a year or however long it would take to come in for an order placed today. So it is with that in mind that I pose this question.

He would really like an Elise to enjoy for the time he has left. Is there anybody out there that has a deposit on one...or a place on one that is fairly early and for one reason or another they are not going to be able to use? And if you do, can the place be transferred to David.

I know that some of the dealers frequent this list..as does Lotus USA, so if anybody in those places has anything to offer please contact me.

Those of you that know me...know this is no joke..or scam..or anything like this. This is the real deal and one of the things my friend Dave wants before the inevitable happens is an Elise to drive for the time he has left.

I know this is asking a lot...all I ask you is to try and walk a mile in his shoes. If I had put an order in...I would have given him myt spot...but although several of the dealers offered to put me on one of the first spots on the lists at various times over the last 2 years, I never followed through..so I cannot help him.

If anyone wants to reach me..... [email protected]

Thanks for the time!

Tony Vaccaro - Lotus Owners of New York

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
why doesn't he just buy a non street legal Elise and drive it around. Odds are they won't bother him in the next few months about it anyway. I don't mean this to be insensitive, just a suggestion. He could get somethin sweet like an S1 Exige!

-Steve

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just an idea. Maybe we can make a petition to the nearest dealer to him to sell him one of their first demo cars or "dealer ordered" cars at msrp? Obviously color and/or options shouldn't really be an issue. I would think in a case like this they might be willing to let go of ONE car at msrp. Or maybe even a minimal markup. I imagine not just Symbollic is getting their own cars in.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I can't help, as I'm #50 or so, but if no one antes up, I'm sure he could get an Elise easily by paying a premium for it. Based upon current rumors, $5-10k over MSRP should get him a top 10 spot from a dealership.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Mark, I think Steve's idea is a good one buy one already on the street. Any on e-Bay? Also there is a thread about a dealer whose first ten cars were bought on speculation and are available at e premium of $5 - 7K.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I think he should ask Lotus directly. I think the process would be easier and faster. I hope it works out for him.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,130 Posts
Symbolic in LaJolla will have a bunch of cars available at 'market value'. Call Mike Pedace 858.454.1800

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Maybe something like this could happen.

Dealer has car that they are willing to sell at market value or $7k over MSRP.

Dave wants a car but is ill. Willing to pay MSRP.

Dealer, in order to gain positive publicity, offers the car at a smaller mark up, perhaps $3k over MSRP.

EliseTalk, Club111, GGLC, and Lotus LTD and any other Lotus/Eliseband together for donations to cover the difference. I know I would donate.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Mark,

I sent a note off to Tony suggesting that there's many of us (myself included) would be willing to donate. An easy way to do this is to set-up a PayPal account, then it's really easy to donate to a fund.

Kiyoshi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts