The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
I can't beleive that I read through that...
The dude's in IT and can't scrape together 35 large for his dream car?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I think I will start a campaign to finance a swimming pool and a hot tub. It will be used to educate the young women in my area, on proper swim suit wearing and "basic strokes" used around the pool and hot tub area. (And I will post pics too).

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did some campaigning before I got my car also....it was called go into work early and stay late to come up with extra money. Has the art of working for what you want become a thing of the past? Man if I only knew all you have to do is make a little video and post it online to get your dream car.....im gonna kill my guidance counselor!:thwack:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I see nothing wrong with this.

He works in support, which (unfortunately) traditionally doesn't pay as well as other domains within the technology sector.
Maybe he does make decent money, but he's looking for alternative ways to pay for a luxury item, that is not a necessity.

He is working for it. At the higher price points, he's selling support contracts to come up with the extra money.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
:wallbang:

·
He's on fire!
3,293 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
..." I want everything in my life to be FREE "

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I don't understand..............what if you want to donate more than 1000.00 ??:shrug::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I was gonna say something when this was first posted but decided for someone else to say it first (just in case somehow this was considered sane).

Let me get this straight, you are asking strangers to help you buy an EXOTIC car so that you can SHOW IT OFF....

There is no way a grown man with family can be serious about this....
good one

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
oh and kestrel i saw that you were interested in my 05 Accord (DX) for an elise, right?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Cmon guys. Be nice to him. We haven't had a good red panda/arashi/headrest tv thread in a while.

This could be it. :)

Reminds me of when you are drunk at a bar and say sh*t like 'if I could just get every person in the world to send me a quarter.....'

Here's the pic from the site:

Dude, I'm on a Horse!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok, i will bite. I respect the man for attempting this venture as it is not an easy task to do. Its smart in the sense that someone might donate a few bucks here and there to help, and its a creative way of trying to reach a goal.

Me personally, I purchased my car cash after serious hard work, dealing with people i didnt like and not taking no for an answer. Not to mention cutting down on buying unneccessary things and being smart with my play money and finances.

On a side note: In todays society there are many idiots with cash who dont care much about giving it away, just look at the guy on you tube who asked for a million dollas and some rich idiot gave it to him. In todays society hard work is begginng to disappear and everyone wants thngs handed to them, just look at a large portion of our tax dollars! All of you and I have to pay them because remember millions of people on wellfare depend on them!. I come from a country where people can never own a car like a lotus, Unless you are a politician ceo or super high roller. This is not because the country has no middle class, but because politicians are greedy *******s who wont let the country progress which means you are super wealthy or very poor. Any person working and living in the USA can make anything of themselves if they really want to, so apply yourself, being a bum or poor in america is because of choice and not an excuse, be creative because with hard work and smart rational decisions ANYTHING here is possible. Im living proof.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Sorry, every 'extra' nickel I have is going to my own 'next Lotus' fund...hunting down an S2 europa as I write this.

Any of you who'd like to help me out with some donations, please PM me.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts