The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Vancouver but I am relocating to Toronto.

I'm tempted to take the Lotus, I was thinking about selling and cashing in, but now I'm thinking, why?, OK, be nice to have some extra cash in the bank, but then again, I like my car!

What is it like to have a Lotus in Toronto?, are the roads good?, lots of places good for driving?

I understand the winters are cold and probably not great for the car, but how is it in the summer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Toronto's just another big city. No different than metro Vancouver.
Your right, you won't be doing any winter driving unless you seriously
want to risk your car. Lots of places to go and do and see otherwise.
And then there's Mosport. Great racetrack out the East end of Toronto.
Nothing like it in BC. Learn to drive your car in anger!! Ton of fun.
Bring your car and enjoy it!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes driving in the city is a nightmare, the good thing about Vancouver though is the mountains close by, great for a drive, or the road to Whistler. I've been seeing if there's places to go rather than freeways and flat straight areas near Toronto. Mosport sounds though. This will be spinning in my head deciding or should I sell or keep next few days I'm sure.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Spent a good enough time living around Toronto and been to Vancouver tons of times. A big city is a big city, no matter where ya go. Driving around either city and the quality of other drivers in both, are a gong show. No major difference there.
The weather changes are going to hit you. While you might not got as much rain as in Van., the humidity and air quality in the Summer in TO is wicked nasty. The air is a lot fresher in BC.
As for the roads in and around TO, nothing like the winding mountainous scenic roads in BC.
Most people usually move east to west. Good luck with your relocation program and hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have an Elise in Mississauga, near Toronto.
Weather - The top-off season here for me is generally end of April to mid-November, but I know of several people that drive their Elises anytime there is no snow on the ground and it is reasonably warm. That meant all winter this past year. I usually don't mind the heat, but this summer with 36C + high humidity, I have actually put the soft-top on and used the AC.
Roads - crappy roads with potholes are pretty common in the city. This is where the Elise's handling gets put to the test while avoiding them. Fun, windy roads are few and far between, but they can be found if you are willing to drive an hour or so outside the city. I just enjoy the little things like on/off ramps until I can get out into the country.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Toronto is very flat and so is most of Ontario.

I agree that the downtown roads can be tough on an Elise. However I only do highway driving and the highways are very smooth and well maintained.

I drive my Elise year round. If you can handle the thought of salt getting on your car then tackling winter is not a problem. Last year there were only perhaps 20 days that had any snow on the highways. Most of those days had < 2 cm.

Why not do a road trip and drive to Toronto? That would be a great trip. If you decide to sell up you would then have a larger market.

·
Registered
233 Posts
1) short driving season
2) lots of straight and boring roads...traffic and hwy
3) unlike vancouver, exotics and pure sport cars are relative rare in Toronto = lots of looks and unique
4) any interesting roads that worth a drive are at least 1 hr away

If you are thinking about selling... why not bring it here and sell it in ontario if you dont like it... the price in Toronto is pretty high

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Toronto is probably going to be pretty boring for the Lotus compared to what you're used to. If you decide to sell it before moving, drop me an IM as I might be relocating to Van (again, ugh).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts