The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted before, I bought the car with this already mounted in the rear. When I went to have a body shop remove it, they told me that the adhesive that is used would end up peeling up the thin paint on the rear clam if it was removed.

Great. Since I did not want to pay for a repaint of my rear clam, I have lived with it.

Today while washing the car I notice movement while washing the spoiler. I look under the wing and sure enough, the bolts holding the wing to the two center pieces has come loose. How do you fix this you may ask? You have to remove the damn wing off the car and tighten them from the bottom.

So I am left with two wonderful choices. Leave it alone and hope it doesn't eventually rattle itself off the car, or pull it off to fix it and have to repaint the rear of the car.

What an awesome product!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I don't have any idea of the shape we're talking about here, but would the dental floss and adhesive remover trick work?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Would it be possible to score the paint along the edge with a sharp scalpel blade? This might prevent the paint from lifting. Or, combined with the heatgun or dental floss, you might be able to get it off without having the paint peel off.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Dental floss is known to break.
I prefer braided fishing line.

You can semi wax the fishing line by cutting the length of line into a 25 cent candle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts