The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new clutch and flywheel for the Exige. The clutch and flywheel weight less than 18 pounds. The clutch is a twin disc setup for street and track. Now to see what it is like in the car.

Later,
Eldon

Attachments

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,143 Posts
I had no idea CM made it for our cars, I always knew of the ACT HDSS. Clutch will feel much firmer than OEM.

·
Less is Better
2,628 Posts
Nice! I installed a twin disk on my Aston Martin, it was much lighter than stock and really improved the rev-ability of the engine. A very worth while investment. On the Aston, it's a $4000 clutch (and I paid to have it installed for another $1500, so relatively, this one is a bargain :).

@Kubera - Not necessarily. On the Aston, the pedal pressure went WAY down even though the clutch is designed for much higher torque than the single clutch.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,248 Posts
Purchased a new clutch and flywheel for the Exige. The clutch and flywheel weight less than 18 pounds. The clutch is a twin disc setup for street and track. Now to see what it is like in the car.

Later,
Eldon
Looking forward to hearing your opinion.

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,143 Posts
I second Shinoo, looking forward to your feedback.

In all the CM's I have installed in the past on BMW's, the clutch feel was much firmer, that's what I have experienced with CM clutches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts