The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, back in the saddle.. I owned an 06 exige storm titanium last year and after what seems like an eternity on Wednesday will take delivery of an 08 phantom black 240S. I originally was planning on taking one of the 07 exige S with Dan down at Criswell.. I have to say it really was a pleasure working with him and he could not have been a more pleasant person to work with and did everything possible to sell me the car I was looking at. Problem was as I though about it more and more the distance was quite far and since I was financing part of the car it made more sense to just do the 240 so I never looked back thinking would have could have. After spending time with the 06 compared to the 240 I really cant see thinking about owning anything more than this car. I almost bought an 07 bmw m coupe but just too cushy..
I knew if I bought that car I would always be thinking of the lotus. This car changes ones life. There is no other car I have owned that brings such good feelings and excitement..
So I just wanted to say thank you to Dan Drayton who went way out of his way to help me and Robert and Paul at HRM.. It will be nice to just look in the garage and see it sitting there... a really good feeling...Cant wait till wednesday

·
Registered
807 Posts
"... and I'd also like to thank...." (cue music!) rotfl

welcome back. when it arrives, we need pictures!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Congrats...I put my order in for my 2nd with Rob a few days ago...

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Russ,

It was a pleasure working with you. I happy that after nearly a year, we were able to put something together.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thank you Russ and Chris!!! :clap: Dont forget the pics!! You owe me one Robert. -poke- just kidding! Congrats on the sale.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Thank you Russ and Chris!!! :clap: Dont forget the pics!! You owe me one Robert. -poke- just kidding! Congrats on the sale.
I've lost my share to you in recent months. Lets face it, if someone is in the mid atlantic arear and wants a 2007 Exige S, you have us beat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan on picking up the car wednesday. I definitely will post pictures then..
I cant wait...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats!

I just picked up a 2007 Exige S as well...have a year long hiatus from fighting with factory over *issues* on my 2005 Elise.....

Nice to back in the saddle.....and I am sure you will be as well...!

I so missed the taste of Porsche...tastes like Chicken!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the way things look I dont think I will be able to pick up the car until the end of the week or early next... I am going crazy..
Since I will be waiting I told paul at HRM to install the stage II
Listening to the stock exhaust of one being brought into the parking didnt sound really exciting.. I do realize the hp increase isnt really there but with the 240 I really dont care if I have any more of an increase... anything above my 06 will be a good thing.
Waiting is tough.. but when I think about it I have been without a lotus for what seems like an eternity so a few more days shouldnt kill me..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So for now I am keeping things simple.. Stage II, lotus sport decal on windscreen and 4 pt harness in red..Color looked to be a good contrast from the black..
That should be enough for now...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last question for the evening to Bavarian Motorist..
I have done the meadowlands autocross in my m coupe a few years back..
didnt use the 06 exige while I had it.. The surface in the parking lot iseemed really rough and am wondering how much wear and tear do you get with your car running there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
neighbor

hello there neighbor...i guess ill be seeing u around keep an eye out for the yellow exige....westwood:wave:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When did you get your exige.. havent seen you in the area.. If you are ever driving about I have the watch and clock shop over on Hillsdale ave in Hillsdale.. stop by if you ever get a chance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts