The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This is a great forum...just trolling around and doing a little research so I figured I would say hi!

Long time Subaru and Jeep guy thinking it may be time to have some fun on concrete:shrug:

I have a buddy of mine that is a die hard Lotus guy and he gave me the bug a long time ago...

Hope to head out to Fox Valley soon and test fit my 6'3" 200 lb in an Elise just to see if I fit rotfl

Cheers!

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Howdy!! :wave:

I'm an ex-"4 wheeling Jeep guy" from Pennsylvania and love the dirt ...but this is rush that I'm now addicted to.

- z

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Welcome!

Keep the Jeep. I had an Elise for a couple years but prefer tracking the Jeep. These photos are from the Lotus Corps track day at Blackhawk Farms Raceway just outside Rockton, Illinois just over a week ago. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Welcome! Rick from FVMC is great!

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
:wave:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
welcome. i am the tech at FVMC i am also a jeep owner and Lotus lover. if you come by dont forget to come in the back and meet all of us.

T.J.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Moto those are some great pics! I will have to hit that up next time there is an event.

TJ - I will be sure to stop in the back...I grew up in the back of an auto dealership

I figured there had to be a few Jeep guys around... I have done the Jeep thing for so long it may be time for something different...did the club thing for a while was actually the VP and PR guy with all of the drama that went with it....now with a family I am looking for something I can enjoy more often and a little closer to home.

Here's a couple of pics of the ol'CJ...if anyone is in the market I am going to be throwing it up for sale soon.

Thanks again,
Shad

·
Registered
571 Posts
That was close. I thought he was going to say he had a trans am. Jeeps are a lot cooler.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A few steps down on the red neck scale...not many though

Nice bikes gt3guru...that's my other hobby :) I have an Specialized S-Works E5 with carbon and DA goodies

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sweet. Mine is about 12 years old though. Tried to get back into racing on the track here in Houston a month ago and 3 races in I crashed HARD and I think I'm getting out again. They said it was the most impressive sparks they've ever seen. Someone actually refused to let me drive myself home.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A Crit race? glad to hear your ok.... I do distance races and charity stuff not nearly like I use to or would like to do though...trying a Triathlon this year...

I can relate a bit with you. A bad incident smashing my thumb almost off while off roading is what has lead to my loss of love for the Jeep...and I am tired of working on it

·
Registered
571 Posts
Velodrome race. Been a Cat 1 on the track since highschool. But I'm uncompetitive now.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RnOSKYezZ-Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RnOSKYezZ-Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Moto those are some great pics! I will have to hit that up next time there is an event.

TJ - I will be sure to stop in the back...I grew up in the back of an auto dealership

I figured there had to be a few Jeep guys around... I have done the Jeep thing for so long it may be time for something different...did the club thing for a while was actually the VP and PR guy with all of the drama that went with it....now with a family I am looking for something I can enjoy more often and a little closer to home.

Here's a couple of pics of the ol'CJ...if anyone is in the market I am going to be throwing it up for sale soon.

Thanks again,
Shad
kid stuff.....
btw,
95% of the people here came from miatas and mr2s....when they drove the elise the first time they thought it was jet propelled.
i think ull fit fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Wecome sponge.

Don't listen to a word Moto44 or evomind say. All their photos are fake.

·
Registered
571 Posts
In case you were wondering about the trans am comment

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f24/wow-you-thought-some-our-members-tough-new-comers-56902/

lotus people appriciate the trolls. viper people don't.

Just don't get caught here not using the search function!
There are no touring wheels.
We know about the elise submarine
and that lotus video and/or article you found has already been posted 95% of the time.

For all other questions consult the uberpost
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/uberpost-25131/

The search function didn't work for me when searching for the uberpost even knowing the exact title. The search function isn't really that great.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL looks like I'll fit in just fine...I'll have to dig up some of my stupid things I have done in my Jeep that beast has gone places only a hummer owner could dream of ;)

I am a forum regular was a mod on a CJ forum and my Jeep club's and quite a regular on the Subaru forums too...I have been know to flame the noobs from time to time...

In fact legacygt.com just added a cool function that when you type the subject it pulls up all kinds of threads above the message box that resemble the post you are about to post...it works great and has cut down on the dups alot although no one can ever account for the stupid.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thats a GREAT idea for a forum! wish I'd thought of it!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am sure its a functionality upgrade of vBulletin

If the mods/admin of this site contacted 'Tide' the Admin/owner of Legacygt.com about it I am sure he'd be more than helpful he's a pretty cool guy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts