The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very impressed that very high upers in the Lotus Company actually check out this website regularly. So I thought I would give it a try . . . can we please get ice blue and/or pearl white colors. I am #31 and will likely have to wait 7-8 months -- is there any chance new standard, lifestyle, or metallic colors are coming out?

Help please

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In fact, I really can't see any of the other colors fitting into my plans/garage. Lot's of great colors, but I need the lotus to complement what I have and not out due or look cheap compared to what I have. Ice Blue or Pearl White would be awesome.

Anymore ice blue/ white lovers out there?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I would pay extra for pearl white....with green stripes.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Lotus Blues...

so, from lightest to darkest, Lotus has (or has sold), in one market or another, the S2 in:

Ice Blue
Teal (bluer than it is green in the pictures I've seen)
Laser Blue
Blue Mica
Atlantic Blue
Magnetic Blue
Cobalt Blue
Nightfall Blue

Am I missing any?

So we get 3 of the 8 to choose from. I certainly would have put Ice Blue in the top 3.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Re: The Lotus Blues...

HoopyFrood said:
so, from lightest to darkest, Lotus has (or has sold), in one market or another, the S2 in:

Ice Blue
Teal (bluer than it is green in the pictures I've seen)
Laser Blue
Blue Mica
Atlantic Blue
Magnetic Blue
Cobalt Blue
Nightfall Blue

Am I missing any?

So we get 3 of the 8 to choose from. I certainly would have put Ice Blue in the top 3.
They had a color called aqua; I'm not sure if that's what you meant by Teal.

I'm not sure why they opted for Nightfall Blue; too dark in my opinion and Ice Blue would have been a much better choice. Magnetic Blue looked great in person and I bet that Lazer Blue does as well, so I can't argue with them there.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,146 Posts
Derek said:
Racing stripes... Why no racing stripes, it's not like it would require any engineering just to put a couple of dam stripes on a car :rolleyes:
Painting a car is one of the biggest headaches in any assembly plant. Stripes require that a car be painted twice. Very costly.

Lotus does not need to offer stripes at this point since most of us would take the car in pink if we had to. ;) I think the special edition versions will start popping up in a year or two.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Yes but any factory options at this point will just help offset the falling$$$ . Plus I would bet that anyone who gets stripes would also buy the hardtop, thus more $$$

·
Supporting Vendor
4,146 Posts
Derek said:
What was I thinking... Sorry lets just skip the dam paint it will weigh less too.
Yes. paint-delete will be part of the upcoming Lightweight option.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts