The Lotus Cars Community banner

What's the appropriate response? (multiple selections possible)

• A

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • B

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • C

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TimMullen said:

People stare at the car. Honking horns with :up:. Passengers staring with their noses pressed up to the windows. Kids crashing their scooters as they stare at the car. Hope the police to pay attention to it...:huh:
So this seems to be a recurring theme. Having not owned a car that garners this kind of reaction, a bit of an etiquitte lesson is probably in order for those of us who've not had to endure this level of attention.

So, for those who've attended the Miss Manners School of Driving an Attention Whore of a Car, when the above happens (honking, waving, thumbs up, etc.), what is the proper behaviour in response?

I can think of a few possibilites...

A) The Royal Wave:

B) The Gracious Nod:

C) The Thumbs-up-right-back-at-ya:

D) The Play-it-cool-and-let-your-ears-flap-in-the-breeze non-chalant forward stare:

E) The Hey-lets-go-back-to-my-place-and-whoopsie-daisy head waggle:

F) Some other hand gesture I'm not privy to:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Re: A Question of Etiquette

Great, I make a typo and it gets quoted... "Hope the police to pay attention to it... ", was supposed to be: "Hope the police don't pay attention to it..." :rolleyes:

In any case, I do A, B, or C (or a combination) depending on who, what, and where.

I don't do D, 'cause that would be rude.

I don't do E, 'cause I'm happily married (for 24+ years). :)

And I don't do F, 'cause that's just strange (unless Lenard Nimoy was doing the first one or Robin Willams was doing the second)...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: A Question of Etiquette

TimMullen said:
Great, I make a typo and it gets quoted... "Hope the police to pay attention to it... ", was supposed to be: "Hope the police don't pay attention to it..." :rolleyes:
Oh - I thought you'd really had someone crass enough to tell you to your face that they hope the police pay attention to it, and that was the reason for the little blue look of shock. I'd never have known it was a typo. :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
How about choice "G" - Moon on the glass with pressed ham and eggs?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
cerven said:
How about choice "G" - Moon on the glass with pressed ham and eggs?
If you (or a passenger) could manage to moon someone while driving an Elise, I would be very impressed...:huh:;)

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I do B most of the time, unless I'm in a pissy mood, then D!:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts