The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here. Long time listener, first time caller you might say.

I've read all the posts from the tall folks with their headroom and entry and exit problems, but my question hails from the other end of the spectrum. What with the relatively low seating postion and the seemingly limited adjustability of the seat, how well will a short person fit? To move this from a hypothetical question to a specific one: I'm 5'3. will I be able to see comfortably over the steering wheel? I drive a miata now and I can fit perfectly. When I owned my MR2, I was able to find a good position, but then I believe that car had a tilt wheel.

I'm hoping the anwser from those who have actually sat in an S2 will be something along the lines of "Don't be daft, the seating in the Elise is useable by all!", but honesty would be appreciated more I suppose. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hmm... don't want to definitely put you off, but I took my mum for a drive once and she's 5'4" and didn't see that much. She was looking at the window wiper pretty much the whole way.

That said, maybe, just maybe you might wing it, because you're in the drivers' seat where there is no wiper and you can put your seat up (to the front as a silly Dutchmen would call it ;))

You really need to sit in it first I guess...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,146 Posts
No problem. You will fit fine. I'm the same height and I've test driven a S2 a couple of times. No phonebook assistance required! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts