The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... to Tom at Lotus of Greenwich in Port Chester for showing my friend & I round the showroom the other week and taking the time to chat to us about the cars in stock and the mods & repairs on the cars in the garage.

Being on holiday and permanently surrounded by 2 1/2 tonnes of American pig iron all the time I was missing my Sport 135 back in the UK and needed a "Lotus" fix. :cool:

And my impressions of the USA? Nice place to visit... but the only decent car I saw on the road was a lime green convertible Gallarado in Greenwich Village sounding beautiful as the exhaust noise bounced off the brownstones.

A couple of quick tourist shots...

Top of the ESB...

Touring your Nation's Capital on a Segway...

Jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane at 13,500ft to celebrate my 40th birthday...

I would also like to thank 95% of the US citizens with whom I had contact and were curteous, polite, curious and welcoming to a Englishman who inadvertently kept referring to them as colonials. To the 5% of the people who were rude, infantile, thought I was German (honestly, some idoit blonde woman in St Marks who - when asked if we were on the right road for the Physical Grafitti house - asked my with a straight face "Are you German?") and the NYPD Traffic Dept who stiffed my friend for $360 in parking fines on two occasions and the Carmel policeman who was bored on a Sunday and tried to nick my friend for 55 in a 30 when there was no way she was going that fast and then lost all sense of humour when my text message alert went off (you actually have to hear it, it's Gene Hunt from Life of Mars), I would like to say I am glad you were not the representative of your nation.

That is all.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Well..........we HAVE to be nice... you guys have the best cars & the best beer !!!!!! :coolnana:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I'm glad you had pleasurable experiences with our law enforcement. They're world famous.

"And my impressions of the USA? Nice place to visit... " rotfl

I would happily move to Europe, but can't. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts