The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished prepping my car for a track day tomorrow, part of which was checking the toe links. Im running the sector111 RTV Brace with the Nord-lock lock washers and still the bolts were at less than 30ft pounds. So just and FYI, check those toe link bolts and don't think your covered because your running a sector111 brace.

On a side note the u-clamp that holds my exhaust on was also finger tight.. :) Might want to check that as well, expecially if you have an after market exhaust.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm -eek-

·
Registered
992 Posts
Wow, can't get over how loose everything was.
this is important but ... how often we should check??

i did mine about November, how often u guys think we should look at if it's street-driven only?

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
this is important but ... how often we should check??

i did mine about November, how often u guys think we should look at if it's street-driven only?
I check mine at every oil change and/or when I have the access panel off for any other reason.

So far haven't been loose yet.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I check mine at every oil change and/or when I have the access panel off for any other reason.

So far haven't been loose yet.
ok thx,,,but here's why i'm asking. i dont change synthetic oil very often and i dont take the access panel off much...so, is once a year sufficient? (street car) and in the absence of any signs/indications?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
ok thx,,,but here's why i'm asking. i dont change synthetic oil very often and i dont take the access panel off much...so, is once a year sufficient? (street car) and in the absence of any signs/indications?

Just my 2 cents, but for a street driven car, with less than 10,000 miles per year, once a year is enough. More often for autocrossed cars. Track cars should be checked before the event. Every event.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
It's my understanding that you must reapply loctite every time you tighten or loosen a bolt because it breaks the loctite bond. Therefore, if by checking you mean tightening the bolt using a torque wrench, then you may as well remove the bolt, reapply loctite and re-torque. Am I missing something?
What is the required torque on these bolts?

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
While I think it is better to remove the panel to check the torque...I have done mine without removing the panel. You can fit a long extension through the NACA ducts on the bottom of the car and get to the nuts.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Just my 2 cents, but for a street driven car, with less than 10,000 miles per year, once a year is enough. More often for autocrossed cars. Track cars should be checked before the event. Every event.
thanks Randy...kinda what my sense was. I didnt wanna get in trouble with the Toe Link Police. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts