The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a local, Atlanta, shop for performing a 24K A-Service on my '98 TT

any specific recommendations for this area?

I would consider doing myself; but I'm also having an issue with my front bonnet alignment I would rather not take on; and mounting of new Michelin tires; and figure to get it all done in one visit.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Lotus Cars USA for A?

Don't get a mechanic to do your body work and tires. Find a good body shop and go to a reputable tire shop.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Really no other option around here but Lotus of ATL. Brian the service manager is great. I had a 98 TT that they serviced during my ownership ( C service included ). Its a little slow due to the dying breed of Esprit mechanics... But hey they give you a wicked Ford Taurus for a loaner :D

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just had my "A" service completed. Everything checked out fine, except:

"front struts leaking and rear suspension tie rod bushings need to be replaced"

Just so happens I just placed an order with SJ for a set of four Protech dampers, springs and 8 poly rear bushes.

I'm not very mechanically experienced and am wondering if "front struts" are the same as front dampers, or shocks; or is there another front component I need to be concerned about?

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Good to hear. Sounds like my instincts were good in buying the SJ kit.

It's Lambo, Aston, Lotus of Atlanta

Wife saw her first Evora and said, you know, I won't kill you if you get one of these...

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer says they'll install the four protechs and 8 bushes for 977.50... might be worth it?

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Dealer says they'll install the four protechs and 8 bushes for 977.50... might be worth it?
If you're not inclined, that's not a bad price. It's a pain working on the front suspension. The rear is not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a really nice experience at LOA

Jay, the tech, gave me a complete guided tour of my '98 on the lift with a flashlight; he definitely knows his way around and touched on all the hot/sore spots I have read about; he had the "A" service checklist on a clipboard with his notes scrawled all over and it was obvious he had performed every item, thoroughly.

my car got a pretty good grade; besides the obvious, blown front dampers; oil all over the front suspension and metal to metal contact on the rear links. I was not able to see the 'form' of the bushes, but the edges that protrude were completely gone on the trailing side. He's not a big fan of Poly bushes I gave him; thinks they're a bit too stiff; personal preference I suppose...
He noted a bit of oil blow-by on the block, underside of the valve cover, and we chatted about my previous experience with oil residue on the plenum and he's going to pull the valve cover and poke around.

I was very impressed and pleased with his knowledge and attention to detail; highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, LOA had problems locating my VIN on the corporate portal and inquired about mine and received the following response:

...info on the vin (appears they have recently purged info from 2000 model years back)...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts