The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, is there anyone in the Los Angeles area that will let me borrow their Lotus Elise car cover today? (I know it's short notice :eek: )

I'm taking my car into the Pasadena Convention Center for a trade show tomorrow morning (Wednesday the 1st of August) at 10am and I want to cover it after I move it in. The show is only one day (Thursday the 2nd) and I'll return it right after that.

I'm in Sylmar in the San Fernando Valley ... Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!!!
- z

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Pep Boys or similar sells some really nice ones for like 60.00

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
218 Posts
So your Elise was on display at a trade show? Did you add anything extra (like advertising posters/decals) for the show?

The reason I ask is I'm thinking of using mine at a trade show next January, so would like to hear how it went for you.

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So your Elise was on display at a trade show? Did you add anything extra (like advertising posters/decals) for the show?

The reason I ask is I'm thinking of using mine at a trade show next January, so would like to hear how it went for you.
The convention is this Thursday, and move-in is tomorrow (Wednesday). I always take my car to the conventions that I attend but this is the first time I'l have a booth and will be taking it in with me.

My Lotus is my company car, so yes it has my company name on it and other decals as well.

I'll post pictures here after the event.

- z

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
:crazyeyes your company gave you a lotus!!!! hiring :D ?

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:crazyeyes your company gave you a lotus!!!! hiring :D ?
Sorry ... we're a Civil Engineering company. ;)

...and my other guys drive Porsche's & Corvette's.

But the Lotus is the Flagship car!! :coolnana:

And as agirl said ... "Perks of Company Ownership". :D

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For anyone interested ...

Here is how my booth looked. It was a great conference and I got a LOT of attention!

It was interesting how many people told me about their racing background, personal Lotus stories, and high-end cars that they own, owned, or built. I guess I wasn't expecting that at a Construction convention. And then there was this one young kid (maybe 15 years old) who was in my booth area off and on the entire day. A Lotus is his dream car and he plans on buying one some day.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts