The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The coin went where pictured.

It vibrates between 2 - 3.5k RPM and I can hear it slide back and forth sometimes.

I've tried using a magnet.

Anyone ever had this happen to them or know how I can get back there?

Also, what are the two wires on the floor used for?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Picture didn't load for me??? :shrug:

But if its under the seat you may have to remove the seats to get it out. Either that or try stopping really quickly and see if it will fly out.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Me either. Don't see any picture! So kinda hard to help.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Get one of those $2.00 36 inch grabber things at Pep Boys

·
Registered
314 Posts
The same thing happened to me but luckily it doesn't make any noises or anything.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Wow that sucks.... for those who couldn't see the picture....

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know, my photography and microsoft paint skills are great. I figured the picture would help

·
Registered
773 Posts
Get the car up to at least a 35mph cruising speed, then...

Throw the car into a hard left (slide it if you have to) and come to a stop! Ala - dukes of hazard style. The coin will dislodge and "plaster itself" against the outer rail sill, where you can now easily extract it by hand.

I'm actually only HALF kidding. I did this for a screw-driver head (exchangable tip) piece that fell down there once and it worked! Plus, you get to have a little driving fun, while doing it! :nanner:

Of course pick an abandoned parking lot, or some other similar such place before doing this. ;)

Either that or what Kestrel said - the flexible "grabby-tools" (I've got one with a red push button on the end of it that extends these little "claws"), if you can see it, or manipulate the head of something like this to it, will work.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The cables are for the seat belt female plug in. It send the signal that you are buckled in, or not, and it also close the circuit that would fire the "belt tensioner" in case of a collision.

Mats

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
maybe you can move it into reachable range with an air compressor?

Hmmm, maybe I'll try that on some of my own stuck coins I can't reach. lol

·
Registered
557 Posts
+1 on the air compressor idea. personally....just go really fast and stomp the brakes. repeat if necessary.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is it just me or is it odd to see someone named ACE post and not see a picture of a dog? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Put something really sticky at the opening, and drive around a parking lot until it sticks, or ends up close to the opening.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Try wrapping a piece of duct tape in a circle. Stick it in the hole. Drive and corner and hit the brake. If you manage to get the coin to slide into the duct tape, hopefully it will stick. Then remove the tape.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Those wires go to your seatbelt switch. If you don't reattach them when you put your seat back, you'll get a permanent seat belt light...
I disconnected mine and all it did was turn the annoying seatbelt buzzer permanently off - no seat belt light.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I disconnected mine and all it did was turn the annoying seatbelt buzzer permanently off - no seat belt light.
+1

Next time I remove my console I think I'll cover that opening with a card or something as a preventive measure. I dropped a "cupholder" screw in there once and held my breath 'till I could retrieve it with a small magnet in a stiff wire. Would not work with a coin though. At least until the gov starts making steel based coins again (as in 1943 pennies).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts