The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
feel dumb for asking but everytime i drool over my car - I look at those initials for a while and really just have no clue. I'm a die hard lotus fan but I'm young (26) and this is the first one I've ever owned - I had only dreamed of them in the past. Anyway I'd love to know the answer to this riddle :)

hey I'm not ashamed to ask a dumb question! :p

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
The founder's initials! Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman. Colin Chapman founded Lotus. Now read up on your history, quiz on Friday!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you! that's so far from what I was guessing - i'm grateful to know the answer!

i can't tell yah how happy I am everytime I walk by the car or just look down at that badge - it gives me chills to know I own a Lotus

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
adamant said:
Dude, you dicing with death asking questions like that here :p
Give him points for having the cannolies to do it, we all asked that question at some point.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
babak said:
Give him points for having the cannolies to do it, we all asked that question at some point.
well, not really. it just seemed obvious the first time i saw a lotus given some knowledge of the racing heritage and the wild man

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I had never seen his name written fully out like that but sheesh sorry for asking a question :)

we can't all know everything all the the time

:p

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Don't sweat it, some people like to kick you when you are down. I think it's just for kicks and to rattle your cage ;)

Myself I think it was a fair question, not everyone has followed lotus over the years and it's great that they are getting the marque back into the mainstream.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Ya know what? We are all stupid. Just about different things.

Reminds me of that old saying of my Dad's. If two strangers meet on the road and exchange a penny, both leave with a penny and are no better off. But if they exchange ideas, they both leave richer.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Stan said:
The founder's initials! Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman. Colin Chapman founded Lotus. Now read up on your history, quiz on Friday!
Aaaa... I might be wrong but, I believe it's Anthony Bruce Colin Chapman... not Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman. ;) slitting hairs :D

Neil

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
andykeck said:
Bzzzt. ACBC.

Cite.
Boy am I glad I said "...I might be wrong but..." in my last post.

I thought I heard it on the best of British video... I might be f#cking wrong there too. Sorry guys. :bow:

Neil

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
andykeck said:
Although correct about Colin's initials, it is incorrect about the colors of the badge being black from 1968 on. The colors changed back and forth seemingly at random, although it is believed the black badges honor one or more racing drivers that had been killed. Black badges were used periodically and then changed back. There were times that apparently the UK got black badges and the US got Yellow and Green. Other times this was reversed. Nobody can really determine any real reason for the changes, other than the possibility that the factory was out of the other style as the cars were being produced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts