The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the email from Roger Becker that I have been waiting for. My car will be built next week, #1716 and will be shipped by year's end. Looking at a February delivery. Not bad since I couldn't get any info from Symbolic, but it's nice to have the senior engineers' ear.
Deposit on 1/13/03 with Beverly Hills.
I'm used to waiting by now, I have had a deposit on a 360 f-car now turned into a 430 for about the same time and looking at a late 05-early 06' delivery.

P.S. Sownman, there coming our way.

I think I'll call Nick down at the dealer and tell him my Vin #!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
L.A.Elise said:
I just got the email from Roger Becker that I have been waiting for. My car will be built next week, #1716 and will be shipped by year's end. Looking at a February delivery. Not bad since I couldn't get any info from Symbolic, but it's nice to have the senior engineers' ear.
Deposit on 1/13/03 with Beverly Hills.
I'm used to waiting by now, I have had a deposit on a 360 f-car now turned into a 430 for about the same time and looking at a late 05-early 06' delivery.

P.S. Sownman, there coming our way.

I think I'll call Nick down at the dealer and tell him my Vin #!!!!!!
so ferrari is placing late 360 deposit holders at the top of the 430 list? that sounds great! you missed out on the 360 but you'll be one of the first to get the new model.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since your put onto one of 4 lists (6-sp cpe,6-sp spyder,F1 cpe,F1 spyder) when u deposit the $$$$, Ferrari sends the release of xxxx cars for that month, the dealer calls to confirm your order and u get delivery in 90 days or so. I ordered a 360 6-speed coupe, which they make very few of in the later model years. The good news is that they start new cars out making only coupes for the first year or two, then blend in the spyders. I have a blue 98' F1 Spyder already, with hyper-flow cats and a Tubi exhaust. Over 4000 rpms, the car just shrieks, no sound like it except at the F1 Indy race. So I'm #9 on that list, minus the guys who have bought 5-10 cars from them which will probably make me # 20-25. Besides the increase in horsies, the big plus is they finally went to chain driven belts, which will not need the engine out major service at 7000.00 every 5/30,000 miles. I have the price with options set at 173,000 and that's a cheapy.
Good Job
No kids

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Your high VIN seems to support the contention that once the model year '05 started in the UK, VINs have been shared. So if you read a vin between maybe 600 and 2000, it is not necessarily a Federal car.

Congrats.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi L.A. -- I spec'd my car with Nick a few weeks ago, and would love to get a VIN or some more info

Can you send me a PM and let me know how to contact Roger Becker? (or whoever else I might ask)

Congrats on the 430 -- you're my hero

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine is in CA and have a tenative pickup date a week from this Saturday.

Can't wait! But can confirm that DE has been receiving cars, I am #13 or #14.

Looking at the Vin I am number 758...

Just glad to almost have it...Wahoooooooooooooooooo!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
L.A.Elise said:
Since your put onto one of 4 lists (6-sp cpe,6-sp spyder,F1 cpe,F1 spyder) when u deposit the $$$$, Ferrari sends the release of xxxx cars for that month, the dealer calls to confirm your order and u get delivery in 90 days or so. I ordered a 360 6-speed coupe, which they make very few of in the later model years. The good news is that they start new cars out making only coupes for the first year or two, then blend in the spyders. I have a blue 98' F1 Spyder already, with hyper-flow cats and a Tubi exhaust. Over 4000 rpms, the car just shrieks, no sound like it except at the F1 Indy race. So I'm #9 on that list, minus the guys who have bought 5-10 cars from them which will probably make me # 20-25. Besides the increase in horsies, the big plus is they finally went to chain driven belts, which will not need the engine out major service at 7000.00 every 5/30,000 miles. I have the price with options set at 173,000 and that's a cheapy.
Good Job
No kids
sounds like a great price you have locked in!

oooohhhh, Tubi exhaust on your F1!!!! I heard a Tubi on a 575 and it was beautiful - it brought tears to my eyes (jk). Truly awesome exhaust! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Tubi made a big difference, but when u add the hyper-flows, which unrestrict 95% of the air flow from the 5 valves/cylinder, the Tubi just sings. When I'm driving thru the canyons up in the foothills on Sunday mornings, the stage bike riders look back to see what the hell is coming up behind them, funnier than ****, they clap and raise their hands. I think that's the part of f-cars no one seems to realize. That sound is addicting. A recent survey on ferrarichat.com showed the 355 having the best sound of all the f-cars, without Tubi/Hyper-flows. Once we all get our cars out here, I'd love to bring it so u can hear for yourselves.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Oh my - it's good to see the VINs rising into the 1,700's. Even if they are including the rest of world since the 600 or so point, about half of their production is coming to US (or so I've read). If that's true, that means we'll be at about 1,150 cars in the US by February.:clap:

Chris

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
L.A.Elise said:
The Tubi made a big difference, but when u add the hyper-flows, which unrestrict 95% of the air flow from the 5 valves/cylinder, the Tubi just sings. When I'm driving thru the canyons up in the foothills on Sunday mornings, the stage bike riders look back to see what the hell is coming up behind them, funnier than ****, they clap and raise their hands. I think that's the part of f-cars no one seems to realize. That sound is addicting. A recent survey on ferrarichat.com showed the 355 having the best sound of all the f-cars, without Tubi/Hyper-flows. Once we all get our cars out here, I'd love to bring it so u can hear for yourselves.
I'd love to see your car and especially hear your exhaust! The sound of a Ferrari is like nothing else on the road. Even a stock exhaust Ferrari can be heard coming down the block. There's something very distinctive and exotic (no duh) about the sound. It's pure ecstasy to the ears...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts