The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
its things like this that keep this such a great forum, things get heated, and this comes out to put everyone in their place, in a nice way LOL

Thanks for the rules shouldnt change the way most of us act/post on here

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Randy:

Thank you oh benevolent dictator! Viva El Randy!!!!!!!!! :) Seriously, I really appreciate your doing this for us and I can totally relate to your rules (and I like them) as I help run another forum/club myself. You've done an excellent job in succinctly stating how I feel as another "cat herder" muhahaha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome words well said. As a newcomer to the site and someone looking for the right new toy, the information and opinions found here are very valuable. While I certainly want to know about potential problems and pitfalls with Lotus cars or mods for them, I can do without the drama and infighting. Toys like these cars are to me a source of joy, and I come here for a taste of that when I'm not playing.... if I wanted drama and personal attacks I would turn on the TV and tune in to Jerry Springer. I don't watch TV.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i think everyone who posts here is awesome. it reminds me of my beach in Brigantine New Jersey where I jet ski with a bunch of folks who do unbelievable mods on their skis, build their own trailers, cars, and believe or not, airplanes. I have the utmost respect for everyone who does this and takes the time to share their knowledge with others like me.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
PhlypSide said:
Randy:

Thank you oh benevolent dictator! Viva El Randy!!!!!!!!! :) Seriously, I really appreciate your doing this for us and I can totally relate to your rules (and I like them) as I help run another forum/club myself. You've done an excellent job in succinctly stating how I feel as another "cat herder" muhahaha.

Click on cat nose and you may or may not see a funny video. :)

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Thanks for the original posting. I really love the site.

One item I wanted to make sure I understand is how much selling can one do on this site.

I often see threads in which a user says I have a Lotus part that I don't need, PM me and I will sell it to you.

Am I correct that that is OK?

Am I correct that if one is constantly selling things then that becomes a "business" and that is then not allowed.

Thanks in advance.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Yeah, if you're a BUSINESS and using the forum to make a living, you have to become a sponsor.

Thanks for the original posting. I really love the site.

One item I wanted to make sure I understand is how much selling can one do on this site.

I often see threads in which a user says I have a Lotus part that I don't need, PM me and I will sell it to you.

Am I correct that that is OK?

Am I correct that if one is constantly selling things then that becomes a "business" and that is then not allowed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Yeah, if you're a BUSINESS and using the forum to make a living, you have to become a sponsor.
I sell one item, the rear shield. I really dont make a living on it. I only make a small amount of money per shield. To pay to advertise would not make sense for me. I believe in letting it police it self. If you are in business and making money, then you WANT to advertise on the website. Now if someone is posting every day...selling lots of items...yes they should pay to advertise, but for the small seller like myself, it does not make any sense.

But the new owners will do what they need to do. And they will live by their choices.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.