The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Dan, at my last event (dryer, a bit warmer) I ran 34-36 cold, then dropped to 26-29. I had a HUGE difference in grip. That was on my AD07s, but lowering the pressures really helped. Do the crayon thing if you're worried about tire roll. Or just look for the pointy arrows on the sidewalls of your tires and make sure you're not getting wear down in that area. (I'm so technical)

·
Registered
495 Posts
On my S1 I set the pressures with a pyrometer. I was surprised at how low I needed to go to get an even temp on 48's (except the inside which should be a few degrees hotter due to the camber). Ended up running 22/24 hot on track - this would be too low on the road obviously, but I'm surprised to read that some of you are running north of 30.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Next time Im going to start pressures in the mid 20's cold and lower from there. This was my first autocross and conditions were odd (wet/cool) but I agree that low to mid 20's is where they should probably be. Thanks for the info guys.

iwilson, is that you lifting a tire? I think you have your pressures just right if that's you!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I found 26/28 hot to work pretty well.

At one point after a string of pretty quick laps i noticed that the car was sliding around quite a bit. I pulled in and found the pressures had climbed to 32. There's no question you want to be no higher than high 20's with these tires.

·
Registered
495 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
Next time Im going to start pressures in the mid 20's cold and lower from there. This was my first autocross and conditions were odd (wet/cool) but I agree that low to mid 20's is where they should probably be. Thanks for the info guys.

iwilson, is that you lifting a tire? I think you have your pressures just right if that's you!
Yip that's me. Also found that the rear's tend to overheat on track days. Thinking is it's down to excessive toe in at the rear. I plan on fitting nylatron bushes so I can reduce the amount of toe.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts