The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a front AO48 next to an AD07. Big diff!

And here's a view of an SSR in the Anthracite finish, and with an Esprit center cap. That cap can be installed flush by trimming the tabs on the back and using black silicone rubber to glue it in place. The OD of the badge and the ID of the wheel match. Also in view are the black BMW wheel bolts previously discussed in this forum. (Besides looking nice and using normal tools each is about 0.4 ounces lighter than stock) I may paint the centers and spokes of the wheels black along with the inner rim. That is...everything would be black except for the polished rim. Thoughts and suggestions welcomed!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
SO Stan-you got the AO48 on SSRs already? Are putting them on now, or waiting to convert your suspension to LSS?

I'm walking one step behind in your footprints here.

Jer

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
>>>SO Stan-you got the AO48 on SSRs already? Are putting them on now, or waiting to convert your suspension to LSS? I'm walking one step behind in your footprints here. <<<

Yup, I have the LSS springs now too, they just came in. Depending on time, I'll have them on this weekend too. Or I can at least try out the wheels/tire at an autocross if things get tight.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>>>That Lotus badge looks great there!<<<

Thanks...I don't really care for the usual SSR truck-like center caps...they stick out pretty far. So it's nice that these are flush and clean looking when in place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Four Bolts?

I thought the new Elise was a five bolt pattern?

What did I miss?

Those SSR rims look really nice, what are their story?

Sorry for jumping into the middle of the conversation, but I have a S1 Elise I would like to shoe with the new A048.

James Hochmuth

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
>>>I thought the new Elise was a five bolt pattern? What did I miss? <<<

James, the Elise is a 4x100 bolt circle car...there are no five bolt versions to my knowledge. This may change with the nexct (heavier) Elise.

>>>Those SSR rims look really nice, what are their story? <<<

Thanks...they are a moderate priced, strong, light wheel that is popular amongst grass root racers in the US. You see tons of them at autocrosses and DE track events and races. That's part of why I'm toying with the idea of a color change - so they look different. In addition black wheels look great on an Elise.

>>>Sorry for jumping into the middle of the conversation, but I have a S1 Elise I would like to shoe with the new A048. <<<

Should go right on although front clearance might be an issue I hear. Some say not. You might want to add a front sway bar if your S1 doesn't have one to keep oversteer issues at bay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Whoops...

Hello all,

Not sure what I was thinking, makes sense to stay with a four bolt patteren, I just was going off some bad info I guess...

Yes, I remember when several people were putting Exige rims on the S1 Elise, and getting some rub on the front... I figure running stiffer suspension will take care of that?

Thanks for the info, I read the whole SSR thread... wow!

James Hochmuth

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Stan said:
Here's a front AO48 next to an AD07. Big diff!

It does look nice. I went ahead and wanted to try the mod. I bought the right size Lotus wheel center cap, but when I popped out the rear SSR center cap from the rear, I realize you can't have the Lotus center cap flush mounted otherwise it'll hit the end of the axle.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
cpforyou said:
It does look nice. I went ahead and wanted to try the mod. I bought the right size Lotus wheel center cap, but when I popped out the rear SSR center cap from the rear, I realize you can't have the Lotus center cap flush mounted otherwise it'll hit the end of the axle.
You need to get the Esprit center cap and it should work fine.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts