The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get an idea of how sticky the A048's are but am not having any luck. How would you compare them to PS Cups?

-Steve

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
They are fairly similar apparently with maybe a slight edge to the Michelin (unconfirmed on an Elise), but with the A048 you get the advantage of "matched" tires and suspension. I doubt the price difference is worth it. You will get lower times by figuring out the car.

PDF article: Right click, save-as...
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=37245

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Well...at least in terms of fitting them on the wheels our cars come with, you can't run the PSC. They make suitable rears but there appear not to be useable fronts. Maybe there are some options if you change wheel diameters.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stan said:
Well...at least in terms of fitting them on the wheels our cars come with, you can't run the PSC. They make suitable rears but there appear not to be useable fronts. Maybe there are some options if you change wheel diameters.
i realize this. i am asking because i am very familiar with the PSCups.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Lotus is working with Yokohama and developing an autocross or was it a road race tire? One or the other, anyway they are coing out with a softer compound tire for our car.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Really? I look forward to seeing Yoko's alternative. hmmm

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Really? I look forward to seeing Yoko's alternative. hmmm<<<

You can get a sense of what they may do from the present AO32 tire which is offered in regular and "S" compounds...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts