The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 50,000 miles you pretty much learn your cars' habits.

I noticed a increase in coolant temps while driving at night. Cruising at 80mph would usually yield 183F but all of a sudden it would be at 185F. If I accelerate to 85mph it would drop down to 183F. I suspected either the thermostat or water pump.

I called Harry at A1 auto told him my situation and he said its very likely the thermostat. He also said he has the factory coolant as well and recommended a flush with my high mileage. :huh: I asked Havoline XLC? Yes the one from Europe.

Took my car there the next day and behold it really was the factory coolant.

European Havoline XLC, Engine Coolant

My car was well taken care of, ramps before the car was lifted due to my side skirts, safe placement of my reverie diffuser and kept the coolant splash to a minimum.

Car was completed lighting fast. Pricing was more then fair. Now cruising at 80mph during the night temps are at 181F. The best part at 80mph on a hot day with the A/C on temps are at 183F! :clap:

A1 Auto Service
8803 E. Las Tunas Dr.
San Gabriel‎ CA‎ 91776
(626) 286-8277

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Hari is the shizznit. And his prices are silly. Tons of reviews for him in the marketplace. Can't recommend him enough!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's always full of surprises. Never thought I would be able to find the stock coolant here in the US.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Took the lotus to Hari for fluids flush and an alignment. He is very knowledgeable and very fair on pricing. I know that he has a niche in the lotus service market but based on my experience I have no issue taking any of my vehicles to him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts