The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone at the show gotten under the rear of the Elise to determine if it will be possible to attach a custom, removeable trailer hitch to tow a small tire trailer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
A few months back Randy asked a similar question, at the time we tabled that discussion since we felt that the subframe might not handle the strain. Randy however has jimmy rigged a device to split the load on his MR2 which might work of the Liz as well.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
If I can, I will try to figure this out a little more. Hard to do too much at the AutoShow. I feel a little odd laying on the ground in the Lotus Booth, specially if Nick or Clyde is laying with me. :)

I expect some serious design will occur once I get a car.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Randy Chase said:
If I can, I will try to figure this out a little more. Hard to do too much at the AutoShow. I feel a little odd laying on the ground in the Lotus Booth, specially if Nick or Clyde is laying with me. :)

I expect some serious design will occur once I get a car.
LOL At least you're doing it for a good cause :D
Thanks all you guys for all the LA info. Iv'e been avidly catching up this morning. Starting a new job and catching up...need .. to ...eat...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
LOL maybe a 5th wheel can be attached on top if a hitch won't work beneath. The car seems to be about the righ height for it. The car could pivot 360 degrees around the hitch for easier maneuvering.

BTW - love this FORUM! I'll be switching to it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
cerven said:
LOL maybe a 5th wheel can be attached on top if a hitch won't work beneath. The car seems to be about the righ height for it. The car could pivot 360 degrees around the hitch for easier maneuvering.

BTW - love this FORUM! I'll be switching to it.
Be patient....once the car comes out we will figure out how to do it...

I made one for my 350Z...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts