The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, there is a weekly car meet at the Lowes in Abingdon, MD every Friday night starting around 6:00. I know a few local people and one not-so-local person have been there before. I'm planning on heading over tonight for a bit. From what I've been told, its mostly America muscle, but I have seen some Ferrari, NSX, Porsche, etc leaving there before. For those not familiar with the area, the address is "414 Constant Friendship Blvd, Abingdon, MD 21009" in case you need to Mapquest it. It's only about 5 minutes off of I95.

Hopefully I'll see one or two of you there sometime!

·
Registered
773 Posts
The weeks I DON'T go, someone else does! :wallbang:

Last Friday was a "big" one. When I pulled in, I needed to circle the entire lot (designated area) 3 x's before I could find a spot. Each time I passed by all the camaro, then mustang, then corvette, etc. sections - I'd ask one of the guys where the Lotus section was! :D

Got some neat reactions.

Yet AGAIN I was the only Lotus there. Although this kid came over to my car and showed me a picture on his camera phone from the week before, with a Yellow Elise with BRG (I think) stripes. Maybe, just maybe one of these days, we will coordinate this up!

Lots of street rods here at this one too, and some real antiques as well. It's a worthwhile show, and drive for me through the back-roads of upper Baltimore, then Harford Counties, to get there. Sorry I missed you again Rich, this week. Hope the show went well for you!

Cheers,
-Grant

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe, just maybe one of these days, we will coordinate this up!

Lots of street rods here at this one too, and some real antiques as well. It's a worthwhile show, and drive for me through the back-roads of upper Baltimore, then Harford Counties, to get there. Sorry I missed you again Rich, this week. Hope the show went well for you!

Cheers,
-Grant
We had a very good time! Didn't see any other Lotus (of course) but the lot was full with even more cars showing up as we left (had errands to run). One of these weeks, I'll try to coordinate something, but I don't think the other owners in my immediate area are on LT and I've never met/seen any of them, just heard that there were others around.

Are you going down to Adamstown tomorrow?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Are you going down to Adamstown tomorrow?
I will be doing at least one, if not BOTH of the events, yes. Please feel free to see my posts in those other threads, and help me to decide! I've been :wallbang: over it, since I heard about BOTH taking place at the same time/day!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
This Friday?

Hi all -
This is actually my first post on LT, but I have been on here a lot reading.

Anyway, is anyone planning on heading down to Abingdon this Friday if the weather holds out? Ive only had my Elise (Black '05 with Sage II exhaust) about a month, but havn't been able to meet other Lotus owners yet. Although, Grant, I am pretty sure I saw your car driving on Rte 31 near Westminster about a month or so ago. I wasn't in the Elise, so you wouldn't have noticed.

I was out of town this last weekend, so unfortuntely I missed both opportunities to meet people then... :mad:

Let me know!
-Will

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all -

Anyway, is anyone planning on heading down to Abingdon this Friday if the weather holds out? Ive only had my Elise (Black '05 with Sage II exhaust) about a month, but havn't been able to meet other Lotus owners yet. Although, Grant, I am pretty sure I saw your car driving on Rte 31 near Westminster about a month or so ago. I wasn't in the Elise, so you wouldn't have noticed.

I was out of town this last weekend, so unfortuntely I missed both opportunities to meet people then... :mad:

Let me know!
-Will
Will,

From what I've heard, neither scrumpot, lotusforsale, or myself will be able to make it to the Abingdon show this week, however, keep an eye on this thread and I'll try to keep it updated to see if we can't get a small group together some week.

Also, a few F-chat folks (about a half dozen cars) had a Cars & Coffee event the last two weekends at the Starbucks in Bel Air, Md (attached to the Barnes & Noble) which I'm hoping to be able to attend some weekend soon. Just one more local meet and greet to get out and talk cars. I'll probably start a thread about it when I find more info out about the next one.

Anyways, enjoy the car and I'm sure you'll run into other owners sooner than later!

·
Registered
103 Posts
OK

Thanks, pugg. Bel Air would work too - I will keep an eye out on this thread.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scrumpot, Lotusforsale, Dudink... you guys going to be around this Friday? It looks like I'll be in town Friday night and wanted to know if you guys would wanna swing up to Abingdon for the Lowes Cruise. So far, it looks like a very low chance of rain (10%) and should be in the low-mid 80s when things start.

Shoot me a PM or something. See what we can get going.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi all -

Let me know!
-Will
You may have. Rte 31 is one of my usual "cruising" routes. Shoulda posted it up in the "spottings" section on/for me! :panic: ;)

I may head out there this Friday. My son loves that one. Although after yesterday, he has TOTALLY GOTTEN INTO the more SERIOUS type "drives" now too! :shift:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Scrumpot, Lotusforsale, Dudink... you guys going to be around this Friday? It looks like I'll be in town Friday night and wanted to know if you guys would wanna swing up to Abingdon for the Lowes Cruise. So far, it looks like a very low chance of rain (10%) and should be in the low-mid 80s when things start.

Shoot me a PM or something. See what we can get going.
That would be fun. Every time I pull in there, I always cruise around at least once around, asking the corvett guys, then the camaro guys, then the mustang guys: "Hey bud ....where's the LOTUS SECTION here"? You should see the looks I get out of 'em! rotfl

To ACTUALL HAVE A "LOTUS SECTION" for once, would be priceless!

Maybe I can get a few from over this way, convinced to caravan with me for it? ...I've got a GREAT (read: FUN) route that goes 100% back-roads through upper Carroll/Balto/Harford Counties, then winds down there through Rocks State Park, to get there, which in of itself IMHO is quite worthwhile.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That would be fun. Every time I pull in there, I always cruise around at least once around, asking the corvett guys, then the camaro guys, then the mustang guys: "Hey bud ....where's the LOTUS SECTION here"? You should see the looks I get out of 'em! rotfl

To ACTUALL HAVE A "LOTUS SECTION" for once, would be priceless!

Maybe I can get a few from over this way, convinced to caravan with me for it? ...I've got a GREAT (read: FUN) route that goes 100% back-roads through upper Carroll/Balto/Harford Counties, then winds down there through Rocks State Park, to get there, which in of itself IMHO is quite worthwhile.
If we're going to try to have a "Lotus section" at least a few people will need to get there pretty early (6:00-6:30) to save spots or there's a good possibility that there won't be parking left next to each other and yeah, uh... I'm gonna need you to tell me what that route is :D
You know, for verification purposes and all :shift:

·
Registered
476 Posts
6 on a Friday is kind of early for me, so I highly doubt I can make it :(

·
Registered
354 Posts
Of course we proved Sunday that Porsches & Lotus look good parked side by side... 6 is way too early for me so you'll have to count Gina and I out...

·
Registered
370 Posts
There's a good posibility I could make it this week. It's about an hour away for me and don't think I could get there until 7ish. I'll stay posted for further info...

·
Registered
773 Posts
I wouldn't be making 6PM sharp myself either. The drive time total is @50 minutes. But Rich, hey - you're the "local", so if you'd like to throw that local influence around and set up a section...

I've PM'd with a couple of us that I'm TRYING now at least to group up @ 5:30 from here.

Hey Ken (Bull30) - I can pay back the Sunday run in some small part to you with this! :cool: I'm sure you know probably some of these roads yourself too.

Rich - I don't know all the Route #'s or anything like that, but it's basically from out here, Rte. 32N to 91, to 30 (Hampstead). Then 88 (I think - I at least criss-cross that) to 137/138 to 23 (Rocks State Park) to 24 to Constant Friendship (THERE!). That's it ROUGHLY anyway. Like Bull30 (discovered Sunday we're both ex-NewEnglander's - explains how we do this ;) ) I do this each time by "feel".

It's a fun ride. Sometimes I run through Hunt Valley, to Oregon Ridge and across too. But NEVER TOUCH either 695 (the beltway) or 95 (the horrors!). Downright proper Lotus driving/road touring, I assure you! :wave:

So - Anyone In Carroll, Howard, Frederick or Montgomery Counties perhaps wanna meet up for this ...I'd suggest the Park-n-Ride maybe right off Exit 80 (Rte 32) of Route 70, and we can go from there?

Meet with the Pugg57 Seal of Approval?

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wouldn't be making 6PM sharp myself either. The drive time total is @50 minutes. But Rich, hey - you're the "local", so if you'd like to throw that local influence around and set up a section...

I've PM'd with a couple of us that I'm TRYING now at least to group up @ 5:30 from here.

Hey Ken (Bull30) - I can pay back the Sunday run in some small part to you with this! :cool: I'm sure you know probably some of these roads yourself too.

Rich - I don't know all the Route #'s or anything like that, but it's basically from out here, Rte. 32N to 91, to 30 (Hampstead). Then 88 (I think - I at least criss-cross that) to 137/138 to 23 (Rocks State Park) to 24 to Constant Friendship (THERE!). That's it ROUGHLY anyway. Like Bull30 (discovered Sunday we're both ex-NewEnglander's - explains how we do this ;) ) I do this each time by "feel".

It's a fun ride. Sometimes I run through Hunt Valley, to Oregon Ridge and across too. But NEVER TOUCH either 695 (the beltway) or 95 (the horrors!). Downright proper Lotus driving/road touring, I assure you! :wave:

So - Anyone In Carroll, Howard, Frederick or Montgomery Counties perhaps wanna meet up for this ...I'd suggest the Park-n-Ride maybe right off Exit 80 (Rte 32) of Route 70, and we can go from there?

Sounds good to me. I'll do what I can to save a few spots.

·
Registered
476 Posts

I'm in Sykesville and if I can swing it, would like to check out these roads you speak of. I've only lived in Carroll County a year so I'm not too familiar with the back roads out and around here. :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm in Sykesville and if I can swing it, would like to check out these roads you speak of. I've only lived in Carroll County a year so I'm not too familiar with the back roads out and around here. :)
You don't drive a Silver Elise, do you? If so, I've posted you up in "Spottings" recently.

Hey, ANY TIME you wanna get together for a quick drive around, just let me know! :cool: I'd be happy to accomodate! PM me to swap cell #'s, and we can go from there.

The upper Baltimore County roads actually, are "better" than MOST of the Carroll County ones. I routinely head out, and just drive around the Pretty Boy and Loch Raven Resevoir Roads. Monkton, Big Falls, Jarrettsville, and the Hereford zone, just to site a few area's/examples. Excellent rolling, twisty, scenic roads! Usually low-traffic, less-travelled yet well paved too! :D

Like I say, PM me, and we can put something together sometime.
By no later than say this Thursday early afternoon - let's have some COMMITMENTS about who is doing this Friday's Abingdon Lowe's "Cruisers", and I'll be happy to coordinate a meeting, then caravan drive out.

Although Bull - a lot less "spirited" than last Sunday's drive, I'm sure. :eek:;)
Bring Gina's new Elise, relax and let HER do the driving. I think the BOTH OF YOU that way, would really enjoy this! :cool:

Cheers,
-Grant

·
Registered
354 Posts
The upper Baltimore County roads actually, are "better" than MOST of the Carroll County ones. I routinely head out, and just drive around the Pretty Boy and Loch Raven Resevoir Roads. Monkton, Big Falls, Jarrettsville, and the Hereford zone, just to site a few area's/examples. Excellent rolling, twisty, scenic roads! Usually low-traffic, less-travelled yet well paved too! :DAlthough Bull - a lot less "spirited" than last Sunday's drive, I'm sure. :eek:;)
Bring Gina's new Elise, relax and let HER do the driving. I think the BOTH OF YOU that way, would really enjoy this! :cool:

Cheers,
-Grant
I have a hellava tour route designed for upper Baltimore County (probably some of the same roads) and we usually end up at the Friendly Farm Restaurant for lunch/dinner... I did that route in May for the Porsche Club and had 75+ for lunch at Friendly Farm...

We should do it again with the EURO crowd...

I pretty much have multiple tour routes designed for South Central PA, most of Maryland, some of N. Va. and some of West Va. My favorite run is the route to Summit Point Raceway... We do that tour every September to the Club Race...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts