The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just wanted everyone to know that I will take delivery on Monday of the car. I feel excited although I have to admit all of the waiting has tempered my expectations. I don't know if anyone else felt this way, but it is a strange feeling. It is offically paid for, and all of the paperwork is signed. Sales tax is a huge hit here in Texas, something like $3,000. Not fun!. Anyway, wanted to preemptivly share the love so to speak.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Mean TT said:
Well I just wanted everyone to know that I will take delivery on Monday of the car. I feel excited although I have to admit all of the waiting has tempered my expectations. I don't know if anyone else felt this way, but it is a strange feeling. It is offically paid for, and all of the paperwork is signed. Sales tax is a huge hit here in Texas, something like $3,000. Not fun!. Anyway, wanted to preemptivly share the love so to speak.
I think I know what you mean. I was not sure if my mixed feelings were because I drove across country... but spending $50k was painful and more than I have ever spent on a car. Sales tax was $3500. Paying this much cash was painful.

I gave this some thought a week ago. People were asking me "is it everything you thought it would be?" and I hesitated on answering. In the end, I concluded for me, the answer was a qualified yes. For some reason, I always thought of this as a $40k car, which it never was of course. Reality was writing the check for $10k more than that.

And it had something to do with waiting for over 3 years. Discussing everything about the car. Every detail. Reading reviews. Expectations were maybe too high. Don't get me wrong. It's awesome. It's fast. But it's still a car. If that makes sense.

On the other hand... I find myself having to drive it everyday. I am not sure why... and there are times, when I am driving along and everything is right. The sun is out but the air is cool (remember, my AC does not work). The right song is on the CD. And it's all good.

I am sure Transio is right... just drive the damn thing. The sting for me of spending that much is going away and being replaced by the driving. Perhaps also my situation at home right now is taking away from the car. I can't drive anywhere right now (beyond short trips).

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy, I agree. I also think that as a general rule, taxes are a government liscence to steal from you. While I do think that a national sales tax would be a good policy, paying a large amont of money up front is still daunting. It is quite a different experience when you take OUT money from your check than when you have to put IT an additional amount of money.

I hope there were a few less potential customers, and a few more actual customers for Autostrada. It is almost pointless to tell people what I think of the car and rate it, everyone has already done it! My biggest concern is reliability, and I know that there will eventaully be a body panel that needs to be replaced, and I hope and pray that it is available!!

Again, many thanks to Autostrada for their honesty and integrity. I am finally free of the mighty F-150 rental, and ready to get into something that drives like.....well not like a whale. Autostrada has done their best to turn the worst buying experience into something managable. I must say that for everyone else on the lists, I hope your cars arrive soon. Don't worry, there is a strange uneasiness when it does come in, and when you do pay for it. I know that there are many people who are excited for the vehicle, but as they say anticipation can be the best part. Now I will be forced to park in the lonliest spot in every parking lot, and go to the car wash, and buy new sunglasses, and.... no, that is all. Everything else will be a positive. :clap: :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
delievery

Hopefuly your baby is already broken in so that you can flog it immediately on the Austin curves. VTEC here you come!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts