The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still hunting down the source of my 7000 rpm stumble. It all started when my twin tip Larini took a dump and I replaced it with the 6" based on Sector's recommendation. I'm planning on borrowing a stock exhaust to isolate the problem but am curious which above diffuser exhausts are working well with the BWR supercharger. If it matters, I have Charlie's tune.

TIA,
Matt

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Larini SE is fine with me BWR.. I don't think your problem's the exhaust...
My Larini SE was fine with mine until it "went bad." Once I replaced the SE tipped Larini with the 6" I began having issues. When I swapped the exhaust, Sector 111 suggested I NOT go with another SE twin tip Larini as they had been having issues with supercharged cars and heat. It is the only part of the equation that changed and I have chased after AC relays, electrical issues, etc... So, I'm going to find a stock exhaust and put that on to see if it is the culprit. Assuming it is, I need to know what other exhausts are playing nice with after market superchargers. When I started having issues, I contacted Charlie and he was not surprised that I was having issues with the Larini.

Matt

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
Yeah, he has panel delete. I would say get 2bular, but BWR doesn't carry them now. You have to order from Jim directly.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, he has panel delete. I would say get 2bular, but BWR doesn't carry them now. You have to order from Jim directly.
Is that what you are running?

Also, you don't happen to have a stock exhaust I could borrow for a few hours do you?

Matt

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
Hey Matt,
you have a PM
Ara

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
2bular!
Great exhausts! Jim is a nice guy to deal with.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Accoring to Fred @ BWR, if you have the larini with pipes @ 2" you're ok, but the design is a little circuitous. I am holding out for a 2t 8" GT3 or his dual above diffuser that is in development.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I have BWR with Charlie tune as well.
I also have 2bular decat and 2bular 8" GT3 exhaust.
Along with cup air box....I last dyno'd at 227 to the wheels.
...and I track my car a lot!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Larini SE is fine with me BWR.. I don't think your problem's the exhaust...
Well, you were correct. I found my problem so I'm reporting back to all of the threads I participated in during my search for the issue as it may be helpful to someone else down the road. It turned out to be a bad/damaged spark plug. Hopefully it was just a defect and not a larger issue. Needless to say, I will be keeping an eye on the plugs. Here's the thread with pics:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/whats-going-spark-plug-72887/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts