The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Did you by any chance get the part # on the switch? If I'm not mistaken, the Grand National used the Powermaster I system and the Esprit the Powermaster III system and I think the switches are different.

I seem to recall the threaded end being the wrong size...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
SOLD! And no I did not buy it

·
Registered
252 Posts
This puzzles me a little.

A082J6137S seems to cross to GM 88927270 (discontinued). That part was used on TONS of early 90s GM cars. I'm willing to bet that I could find at least 10 at the local Pic-N-Pull for $5 a piece. Even if only half of them worked you'd still be way ahead.

I too read that the early or later (not sure) D-M systems had switches with different threads. Dunno if any of those are still in production but, if they were, and the pressure thresholds were similar, it would seem relatively easy to come up with some sort of adapter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully it's the right one. If it isn't, then I'm only out $125, but if it is then I should have it covered in gold as it is sacred!

I was searching around for a while, putting in the part # of 88927270 and of course it's long been discontinued. I actually work at a Chevy Dealership and had my parts guys look it up and confirm no availability, I also tried the AC delco # 18M73 and no luck there either.

The picture on the auction looks right so I'll see when it shows. Kinda funny how the 3 they had went pretty fast?!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Pete!

Now I'm second guessing what I bought. Maybe if the threads are right but the electrical connection is different I can still use it, or like someone else said maybe I can use an adapter for the threads?

·
Registered
4,922 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That's too bad that it's not the correct unit. Thanks for sharing none the less. :up:

·
1995 Esprit S4S
206 Posts
JIME, I'm going to gamble with you on this one. For 124 bucks I'll risk it too. Just bought the last one. Keep your fingers crossed...

·
1995 Esprit S4S
206 Posts
Thing is, I pulled up pics of the powermaster1 switch and it looks nothing like what is pictured so I guess ill roll the dice and see what I get.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
1995 Esprit S4S
206 Posts
Crap you are right!! And it isn't even a rare part...oh well. I guess the search continues. I'll just sell this one locally and keep looking. Anyone heard anything about the lotus marquees redesigned switch?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts