The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most of the time when i shut the 06 elise off, about 3 seconds later the fans shut off, but for a while now the fans have stayed on for as long as i let them...the only 2 ways i can shut them off is to disconnect the battery or pull the 10a fuse in the passenger side fuse box in the engine bay.
i also noticed that the ac clutch is enguaged anytime the blower is turned on. the on button for ac is not lit up though.
any ideas???

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sorry, I'm not sure. It sounds like a relay sticking though. Can you post back when you have the problem solved?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure,
i cannot find a ac relay...and the fans are controlled by a module of some sorts up under the front fender...dealer says its factory backordered

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
IIRC, there was a TSB campain for drilling 4 holes below the HVAC panel awhile back as rain water would collect in that space and fry the control module. But I am getting old and my memory is failing...

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
I believe the TSB was to prevent corrosion to the blower motor. The Fan / A/C control module is located next to the front fuse box.
IIRC, there was a TSB campain for drilling 4 holes below the HVAC panel awhile back as rain water would collect in that space and fry the control module. But I am getting old and my memory is failing...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The resistor pack that is part of the blower speed control is low enough in the front compartment to get water corrosion problems if water collects in that compartment. This usually causes the blower to sometimes not work (search for blower intermittent, or blower stopped, or just blower), but I can imagine it could also cause it to be stuck on. It was repaired on mine, with the drainage holes drilled. I posted the details of the drainage holes here:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101/fan-stopped-working-then-started-again-25722/#post470892

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had the holes drilled by the dealer last year...they think the fan controller module is the problem...they are not sure if it will be covered under warranty due to the turbo....the part is 80 something bucks. i will re-post after the part is installed (june 3 or so)
thanks for the input!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, i replaced the fan/ac module (relay box really) and nothing changed...so i had the lotus dealer re-flash the ecu, still nothing. i have found that the fans will usually shut off after 5 minutes. i also pulled every fuse on the car to see if any were blown but found nothing.
any ideas.....anyone ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts