The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the HVAC plate a few weeks ago because I had been driving around for years without a back light. The install went smooth and I noticed yesterday that the AC and recirc buttons turn off (blue light goes off) when using fan speeds greater than 1. I don't remember if everything worked properly immediately after installation. I hear the typical AC tell tales that the compressor turns off. When I turn the fan speed back to 1 the lights turn back on and the AC compressor turns back on. Could have I installed a connector incorrectly when swapping the HVAC plate? Or is this a indicator that the switch pack is about to go bad? I can't say I've seen these symptoms mentioned in the switch pack module threads I've read over the years.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
take it out and check the connections

It may be internal to the switch, but probably just a loose terminal

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Yeah there's a lot of switches behind that panel that are all interchangeable. To make it even worse, there's like 7 shades of green wires. I always take a picture of the arrangement before I undo any connectors after I had a similar issue as yours.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
As mentioned its probably wiring, as it happened me. I thought I wired it correctly but didn't.... The pic in this thread might help.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can confirm the above linked fixed my problem. I indeed had a few wires out of sync. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts