The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

AC and recirc only work on fan speed 1

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Shirp 
#1 ·
I replaced the HVAC plate a few weeks ago because I had been driving around for years without a back light. The install went smooth and I noticed yesterday that the AC and recirc buttons turn off (blue light goes off) when using fan speeds greater than 1. I don't remember if everything worked properly immediately after installation. I hear the typical AC tell tales that the compressor turns off. When I turn the fan speed back to 1 the lights turn back on and the AC compressor turns back on. Could have I installed a connector incorrectly when swapping the HVAC plate? Or is this a indicator that the switch pack is about to go bad? I can't say I've seen these symptoms mentioned in the switch pack module threads I've read over the years.

#3 ·
Yeah there's a lot of switches behind that panel that are all interchangeable. To make it even worse, there's like 7 shades of green wires. I always take a picture of the arrangement before I undo any connectors after I had a similar issue as yours.

#4 ·
As mentioned its probably wiring, as it happened me. I thought I wired it correctly but didn't.... The pic in this thread might help.

#5 ·
I can confirm the above linked fixed my problem. I indeed had a few wires out of sync. Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.