The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Evora back for some work and I started it up, but no AC and the engine light is now on. Any ideas on what to do?

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
Most would buy a code reader and use it by plugging into OBD2.

A/C, well refrigerant sometimes escapes. Are all the belts on and working?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Look for posts about 'yellow wrench' on dash , a lot of us have similar problems.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Is it the engine or spanner light that is on? Typically with AC, the spanner will illuminate if you are having trouble with the compressor. I have had mine replaced in the past under warranty (out of pocket is $$$ if you use Lotus parts). If it is the condenser, could be a small hole in it and leaking, which is also common. Last time my condenser was leaking it was at an elbow joint. The dealer replaced it with an updated part - TSB out there for it.

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
Did I understand correctly that you just got the car back from having work done on it? What did you have done and is that repair correct? Like Mobius97 asked is it engine or spanner light? What year?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most would buy a code reader and use it by plugging into OBD2.

A/C, well refrigerant sometimes escapes. Are all the belts on and working?
OBD2 reader I cannot get into the socket. The red leather seems to block it. Not sure on the belts.

Check the AC fuse too.
Where is the fuse box and what number fuse should I look at?

Did I understand correctly that you just got the car back from having work done on it? What did you have done and is that repair correct? Like Mobius97 asked is it engine or spanner light? What year?
Yes. I had the O2 sensor replaced, clutch replaced, master and minor cycle replaced and the flywheel replaced. Screenshot attached. 2012 Evora S.

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
Ah I f I was you I would be bringing back to the shop that just worked on your car and tell them after checking all fuses first. With that much work being done no telling what they've laid their hands on. Was it dealer or indie?

Reactions: Mobius97

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I agree with Catsailr27....I'd be taking it back to have it checked. If your curiosity gets the better of you and you still want to check the code, you can. I don't have any issues getting connecting to the port from my handheld. In fact I have a Bluetooth adapter plugged in now that stays connected. If its because of a tight fit, you can remove the knee trim. It is held in by two bolts. If you stick your head under there you will notice that the leather is split so you can put a socket up there to loosen and remove the retaining bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
On a positive note, at least it's just a CEL and not a wrench icon.

With a clutch replacement, if they did an engine-out, the service notes recommend the compressor be disconnected. There are 2 electrical connections on the compressor, so maybe they forgot to plug one or both back in?

·
Registered
40 Posts
socket will be behind the OBD label past the leather trim. You may need a mirror or get on your back to see behind the dash.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was hoping I can fix it some how. Excellent Lotus repair shop in Mamaroneck (Intermecanica), but it's a pain to get it there since I need to flatbed it there. These are the days I miss my old Mustang where it was easy to do the work yourself.

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
Since it was just repaired they should work you right in. Agentdr8 showed diagram that you could check but as much money as you just spent I would be bringing it right back and any stand up shop would want you to be satisfied with their work and if they caused a problem would want to get you happy ASAP.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
OBD2 reader I cannot get into the socket. The red leather seems to block it. Not sure on the belts.

Given that the readers are quite common, I'm sure you can overcome this.

Where is the fuse box and what number fuse should I look at?

That is in your owners' manual.

Yes. I had the O2 sensor replaced, clutch replaced, master and minor cycle replaced and the flywheel replaced. Screenshot attached. 2012 Evora S.

View attachment 1263463
Was hoping I can fix it some how. Excellent Lotus repair shop in Mamaroneck (Intermecanica), but it's a pain to get it there since I need to flatbed it there. These are the days I miss my old Mustang where it was easy to do the work yourself.
Why do you need to flatbed it? I don't know about "excellent" as your A/C doesn't work and they should have checked that (probably).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why do you need to flatbed it? I don't know about "excellent" as your A/C doesn't work and they should have checked that (probably).
I believe the Lotus service center is about 45 miles away across a bridge. A bit far to walk. Flatbed would be easier and it's covered by AAA. No close Lotus service centers near me. He replaced the clutch and the other items and aside from the AC, the car runs well.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'm going through a similar thing - my issues are on a few threads here. It was out of refrigerant but it's still not turning on. I stil have a suspicion that the ecu doesn't know its full again. Anyways hopefully I'll have time to investige it more.

Since your engine was out, I would say something isn't hookedup or the refriderant wasn't topped off (the shop that filled mine told me that they see a lot of cars come in that had work done and it not topped back off....)

Lastly whoever decided the location for the fuse should be shot. It is impossible to get to - you can't even see it. I can here my relay click and the button light comes on so I don't think it's the fuse - but I'll never know as I cant get it out....

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Lastly whoever decided the location for the fuse should be shot. It is impossible to get to - you can't even see it. I can here my relay click and the button light comes on so I don't think it's the fuse - but I'll never know as I cant get it out....
I know it might be a big PITA, but for full, unadulterated access to the rear fuse panel you can remove the LHS rear trim below the rear quarter window. Quite a bit of rear interior has to come out, but at least you'll be able to see and pull that fuse.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I know it might be a big PITA, but for full, unadulterated access to the rear fuse panel you can remove the LHS rear trim below the rear quarter window. Quite a bit of rear interior has to come out, but at least you'll be able to see and pull that fuse.
Thats what I was figuring. It looked like a ton of work to just check a fuse..... I can't believe someone though that location was a good one!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Waldir stands by all his work. Let him know your issue and he will correct it. He also works closely with lotus of LI to handle those things only the dealer can do. He is the best mechanic Lotus has ever seen. People fly there Lotus car in to him from all over the world.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts