The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Car Adicted
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently replacing my Radiator and my AC has never worked and so while things are apart I wanted to replace as much as possible. Does anyone know if there are any local (US) Napa, autozone etc. parts suppliers that have the following parts;

1. V8 AC Receiver / Drier Lotus PN A082P4378F
2. V8 Heater Diverter valve Lotus PN A082K6072F

I know I could go to JAE or SJsportcars, was looking for something a bit quicker locally.

Thanks Mark Seifert

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I am sure there is a cross/over for the dryer, I just figured it was easier to get it from JAE although it was a bit pricey. If you call Four Seasons they can figure it out but they aren't local. In the meantime you can test for leaks. Changing the dryer is the very last thing you do before you put refrigerant in anyway. You should also change the valve cores in the service valves and change the oil in the compressor.
David Teitelbaum

·
Car Adicted
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate it. SJ Sportscars had both pretty reasonable prices, but with the VAT and also the shipping charges and the time it takes to get it makes that purchase a bit more difficult. Would like to finish up this project sooner than later.

Thanks Mark Seifert

·
Registered
262 Posts
Take your drier to a local auto A/C shop and they'll be able to match it to a replacement. Auto A/C setups use mostly all off the shelf compressors and driers and a good A/C shop should recognize it.

·
Super Moderator
3,968 Posts
DIsclaimer - 4 cyl advice only - not sure how transferable to V8. The 88 Esprit AC receiver - you would think it was off-the-shelf like most would assume. But I could find only one - there was a Mazda part that looks like it but when I bought it, the threading was different. I searched everywhere for an equivalent with no success. I ended up buying a receiver from SJS (I think it was 50 British pounds plus shipping). There was an Esprit book (can't recall the title) that quoted a high ranking Lotus employee saying it was crazy - that Lotus designed their own AC systems on the Giugiaro/Stevens Turbo series. I forget the reason why they needed to do their own AC design, but it wasn't off-the-shelf. Again that is unconfirmed since I can't reference the source.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The A/C receiver drier is a Four Seasons part number 33414. It's the exact replacement.

If you have to look it up by make and model, it was used on a 1984 Volvo 242, 4-cylinder I bought several of these for about $10 on a RockAuto wholesaler closeout (used one and put the rest on the shelf), but they are still available for less than $20.

There is really nothing unusual about the Esprit A/C system, other than the ridiculously complicated controls. It's a pretty standard metering valve type (variable orifice rather than fixed).

Jake

·
Car Adicted
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I do appreciate it . I know JAE has the AC Drier. I also need to take out the heater diverter valve while I have great access to it and see if I can bench test it with some vacuum . My heater control knob that controls the heat never worked. I just roughed it out and really I need to address these items . Thanks on the AC drier information. I will look it up now.
Mark Seifert

·
Car Adicted
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I looked it up. Pretty inexpensive.

Need to get it ordered now.

Thanks Mark Seifert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts