The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i have verified that I am not getting a switch to ground from the ECU to the AC relay. So the problem is somewhere between the button, the switch pack, the trinary switch, and the thermostat right?

1. Where is the trinary switch?
2. I can see the wires for the AC thermostat, what am I looking for on those? do they have continuity above a certain temp?
3. Do the switches ever fail?

I only know how to fix race car things :(

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,372 Posts
I'm impressed you still have AC.

Guessing some will be more helpful than me but does the button still light when pressed? I'm not sure how often these switches fail but that should be easy to test if you gain access to the back of the switch.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm impressed you still have AC.

Guessing some will be more helpful than me but does the button still light when pressed? I'm not sure how often these switches fail but that should be easy to test if you gain access to the back of the switch.
My car most certainly does not have AC :), but I am refreshing one to sell and this is one of the issues. The button does light up. I guess pulling the panel off to check is by far going to be the easiest next step, but just wanted to ask before I go back to the not so cool garage tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts