The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. im sure there is a thread about this somewhere. my elise makes a weird noise when i turn the AC on .. sounds like the fan is going to sh*t or something. has anyone else had this problem? and how hard is it to get at this problem?

any info would be great!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
mine does the same. sounds like something is stuck in the fan. not really sure how to fix it, but getting to the fan requires removing the front clam, so i've lived with it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yes, there are threads talking about this & you should search for it. Start looking in the Cooling section

Sounds like it could be your A/C condensor fins are bent & rubbing agains the fan. That is one possibility. If indeed this was the case, then you will need to remove the front clam to address this & buy/fix components.

If you do end up removing the front clam, then you might find it beneficial to upgrade your front brake lines to stainless steel & replace the radiator/fan system. To remove the front clam, look for the sticky posts describing this. I dont consider this to be an easy task, but its not a difficult one either - maybe more of a tedious annoying task.

Lots of topics on this under the Cooling section...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts