The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traced my air conditioning problem to a big leak at the connection between one of the hard lines and the condenser. I pulled it apart last night and found 2 things.
1. There is no o-ring. Shouldn't there be? If so, any idea what size I need? I looked on lotusgarage and it shows an o-ring, but says it is no longer available.
2. The threads on the condenser are all chewed up. Does anyone know what size they would be so I can buy a die to clean them up?
Thanks much for the help. The heat index today is 105, so I'm looking forward to having AC!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
They are all standard # size orings, I have a post somewhere where I listed them #8, #10

They are not on the rack at the parts store, I bought through Vintage Air

·
Premium Member
129 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know how bad the treads are without a picture, but a thread file might work, and it covers any size fitting (as long as you match the threads-per-inch or thread pitch).

https://smile.amazon.com/Lang-Tools-2573-3-Piece-Restorer/dp/B007TMEXTQ/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=thread+file&qid=1563550480&s=gateway&sr=8-3
That's a great option, too. I would try that before a die just because it's easier to get to with a file. If anybody can help with the thread pitch, I'll get a file and try that first. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
threads are a standard thread, not pipe

watch you dont get filings in the pipe

they would be a standard thread for each size pipe/hose

not on the top of my head, but look up the # sizes and the web should be helpful

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts