The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone recharged their own AC? I've read the service manual, but can't find the low pressure quick connect port (supposedly right front of engine bay). Anyone know where it is exactly?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
That's a mistake/typo in the manual (discussed a long time ago).
The valve is actually located in the RF wheel arch (accessible after you remove the liner ;))

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a mistake/typo in the manual (discussed a long time ago).

The valve is actually located in the RF wheel arch (accessible after you remove the liner ;))

Doh! Thanks! Well that makes me feel a bit better that I'm not totally blind, though apparently my forum search skills could be improved.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,931 Posts
I highly recommend not to use the little cans from autozone or similar places. Use an actual a/c machine if you can gain access to one.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I think the cans are fine, but you need a vacuum pump, a set of gauges, and a scale is usefull.

You can buy this stuff at harbor frieght for 200$. You tube has alot of good videos on AC service. It is not rocket science and is fun to learn about.

In houston, with 4 family cars, none of them that new, I use the ac equipment about once a summer. I have saved alot of time and money by buying the service tools.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lynn,

If you decide not to go the DIY route, I had mine in Monday for a recharge. They did it quickly without issue. It is ice cold now.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Anyone recharged their own AC? I've read the service manual, but can't find the low pressure quick connect port (supposedly right front of engine bay). Anyone know where it is exactly?

Lynn come to the Midwest and you can have all the cold air you want. Really, take it. Pleeeaaaassse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts