The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 US Model Evora S

I have read prior posts about this topic, but I have two specific questions:
1. Could someone please send me a photo of where the diagnostic tool plugs in?
2. What do I need to watch out for or avoid when buying a diagnostic tool?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Here's what the service notes has. This picture is for a RHD vehicle, so mirror it for a LHD:

And the type of adapter should be dependent upon the device(s) you're using to read codes with. iOS & Mac OS devices need specific OBD2 adapters, whereas most Android and Windows PC devices will work with the majority of them on the market.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
If you don't want to use one of the cheap ones that are hit and miss you can go with Go Point. They are spendy but it is a nice quality Bluetooth unit that you can just leave connected 100% of the time, plug it in and forget about it. It also comes with a code to download the full version of Dash Command app for your phone as well. Then just use the phone to check/clear codes. With the app you also have monitoring capabilities etc. I have mine connected and to my head unit as well and can view things thru that or via my phone.

Adapter:

A video I have shared a few times on here that I did a few years ago with the adapter and dash command.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Is this the same electronic equipment to use for a 2012 S model US Evora?
Yes. All Evoras use the same DLC/OBD2 port, and will work with 99% of all standardized OBD2 adapters.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You folks will love this story! I finally met someone with small enough double jointed hands to remove the AC compressor Mini-fuse. Hideous location prevents you from visually following what your hand is doing. NOTE: Get a cell phone picture BEFORE doing anything so that you can have a pre-fuse-removal picture to compare it to. It is possible that a fuse to the far left will be put in the wrong slot.

Anyway, the fuse (7.5 amp) was bad. Mind you it was not burned. It looked perfect, and when we put it back in ... nothing. But we bought new fuses, put a new one in, and the AC started working perfectly. Go figure!

BTW: the fuse diagram in the manual for my 2012 US Evora S was wrong. There is, in fact, an entire horizontal row of mini fuses that is not even in the factory manual's diagram.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
BTW: the fuse diagram in the manual for my 2012 US Evora S was wrong. There is, in fact, an entire horizontal row of mini fuses that is not even in the factory manual's diagram.
Glad to hear you got it resolved. That horizontal row is actually a set of spare fuses that Lotus provides, and it exists in both the front and rear fuse panels. IIRC, it has one of every amperage that is used, per panel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts