The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't found a thread concerning this yet. I purchased the car in the winter so I don't remember if the ac worked at every fan position. I did remove and reinstalled my AC housing late last winter. Both my Air Conditioning and Recirculation buttons don't activate unless they are in position 1 of the fan speed. With fan speed at 1, the AC and Rec buttons work properly. Press the ac and it lights up and cold air comes out. Press the rec and it lights up and you can hear a switch kick on to pull cabin air. Rotate to fan speed 2 or 3 and the lights turn off and warmer air flows. I have disconnected and reconnected the plugs, making sure they are properly seated. All of the dials respond to their speed, temp, or air flow position.

Not a clue where to start.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Check the wiring diagram of the AC system and re connect all the connections acordingly... this happened to me when I removed my ac console for painting
Here is some help good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Could be the fan switch relay... clam off job I believe. Common problem it seems due to where the relay is located (at the bottom) and water being collected in the undertray - so the connectors get corroded after some time. Fix is to replace the relay and at the same time drill out some holes to drain any water collected IIRC.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Appears so. Happened to mine as well - fortunately, it was replaced under warranty. :clap:

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Sounds like the resistor pack is bad, a common problem caused by moisture. There is Lotus service recall to drill drain holes to stop the problem.
I haven't found a thread concerning this yet. I purchased the car in the winter so I don't remember if the ac worked at every fan position. I did remove and reinstalled my AC housing late last winter. Both my Air Conditioning and Recirculation buttons don't activate unless they are in position 1 of the fan speed. With fan speed at 1, the AC and Rec buttons work properly. Press the ac and it lights up and cold air comes out. Press the rec and it lights up and you can hear a switch kick on to pull cabin air. Rotate to fan speed 2 or 3 and the lights turn off and warmer air flows. I have disconnected and reconnected the plugs, making sure they are properly seated. All of the dials respond to their speed, temp, or air flow position.

Not a clue where to start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts