The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I want the $70 Ipod cable, that allows control from the head unit...

I have an 4Gb Ipod nano with a smashed display, but it works perfect, just no display, so with the headunit control, I can still use my busted Ipod.

The $30 front speakers sound like a great upgrade and those will be my first upgrade the stock ones are not that good and my right speakers makes a clicking sound when turned up. :(

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just installed this IPod cable as well. Works well, but not liking the loud static noise in between songs. Also, the Aux vol is lower then the CD or Tuner setting, which makes it a pain to switch between CD and IPod (having to adjust the volume every time). Any way to change that?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I haven't found a way around the volume difference. I've just learned to turn the volume down when making any changes.

I do not have any static in between songs. Sounds like you're getting some interference somehow?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I haven't found a way around the volume difference. I've just learned to turn the volume down when making any changes.

I do not have any static in between songs. Sounds like you're getting some interference somehow?
+1 I don't have any static between songs and the volume is about the same as a CD.

Im very happy with the speakers. I wouldn't say the quality is perfect but for $80 bucks it's a huge improvement over stock. I can turn the volume up a whole bunch with no distortion and it's good enough even the stock HU.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
instead of the cable thing, i bought a GRIFFIN iTrip which plugs into the bottom of the ipod touch.
i can use it anywhere i have an FM radio, in my garage, car, etc.
i tried a Belkin and it was no good.
the griffin is powered by the ipod and you can also plug in a USB power cable (supplied) and charge during use.
the griffin thing uses no power til the music starts and shuts off after the music stops.
i used it on a run to phila and back.
it's great. ~$38, walmart.
sam

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

If you are using an iPOD with a hard drive, the static may come from that - and I have not seen a solution yet :( Try it with a nano or a touch (flash memory based) and see if you still get the static.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Has anyone tried this with an iPhone?

I just installed the $20 cable mentioned in the first part and charging works great (even when the radio/car is off)...

But there is no sound on AUX 1 or AUX 2 from the stereo. Furthermore the iPhone plays through it's little speaker-phone speaker leading me to believe it doesn't think anything is connected.

I went into the stereo options menu and made sure AUX1 was turned on. Next step, call Crutchfield customer service?

- John

·
Registered
587 Posts
To answer my own question, if you click on the "Hands On Research" tab it says:

Note: This cable does not allow your Blaupunkt radio to control your iPod. This cable is not compatible with the Apple iPhone.

(emphasis mine).

Though, it looks like you can order this:

Blaupunkt AUXIN2R Second auxiliary input adapterwith RCA jacks at Crutchfield.com

and something else such as this:

The Apple Store (U.S.) - Monster iCable for iPod and Mac (Mini to RCA)

you can power your iPhone through the first cable, and play music through a combination of these two.

Plan to order these and see if it actually works.

- John

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is it possible to route the cable under the stereo (behind heat / ac controls)? I just bought the same cable, but would rather it come out in the "trinket tray" like the '08s.

Thanks!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts