The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does removing the access tray to the radiator give good access to the inside of the clam by the chins and license plate? I'm having my front lower clam reinforced by a local fiberglass repair shop before having them install a forced fed splitter. I've had a small crack under the drivers side chin area that I was planning to cover with the spoiler but don't want to chance that crack may grow especially if the spoiler drags or hits anything. The shop seams to think that they can access the area on the inside without having to remove the whole clam.

P.S. to those people that installed a spoiler, do you have any concerns as to how your clam may react to spoiler hitting something? If so what did you do as a safeguard ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi Henry:wave:
Might be easier if you undo the the two clips that hold the grill and then lay down some fiberglass. Then install your spoiler and clip the grill back.
Mike O in El Sobrante can help you with any questions you have about fiberglass work. LOL Jeff

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yes, by removing the forward-most underpanel, you have clear access the the areas you describe. I removed this panel to install my FF spoiler and it provided all necessary access.

It takes (10) hex head screws and two plastic screw fasteners. Very simple to remove.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Mention to your your installers to be VERY careful when drilling holes to mount the splitter because of the oil coolers and lines!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts