The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the access panel for the brake fluid reservoir there is a small black plastic piece that is bonded to the panel. This plastic piece along with the access panel forms a "slot" that is used to keep the panel in position when it is installed.

This black plastic piece has separated from the access panel. What is the best way to reattach it? I was thinking about using high temp hot glue.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
A quality two part epoxy will work OK, get something aircraft grade like Hysol, don't waste your time with cheap stuff from Lowes.

·
Premium Member
11,991 Posts
Sika makes excellent products, but many versions of Sikaflex.

I think you want the 291.

Q, is that the one you meant?

·
Premium Member
11,991 Posts
Or, 292.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, I had not heard of Sikaflex. Looking at the specs betwen 291 and 292, Sikaflex 291 is more flexible with break at elongation of over 600% compared to 300% for 292, but a lower tensile strength. For light duty like the access panel, but where flexibility is important, looks like 291 a good fit. Also found Sikaflex 221 sold by Elise-Shop, with specs in between 291 and 292 that could also be a good adhesive for this situation.

Since Sikaflex is not easy to find locally, I used 3M super strength double sided tape for a temporary fix. Well, I guesss if it holds up it could be a permanent fix!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts