The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so first I find this bag that has a large toe hook and two lug keys ( not the same key patterns) under the set.

then the next day I find a bag with 3 lug keys ( all the same key but different size lengths. ) the 3 allen wrenches and a small toe hook. This was located by the battery.

I guess what I'm wondering is, is this normal? Also looks like the small hook fits up front, but where does the large hook go.

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
Please post a picture

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Pictures please.

My gut is that you have two TOW hooks. One the standard cheapy Lotus part that came with the car and perhaps an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys will do, thx. ( at work right now ).

SwingLO what is this "garage door remote mod" ? curious, cant pull up search hits on it.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Ok guys will do, thx. ( at work right now ).

SwingLO what is this "garage door remote mod" ? curious, cant pull up search hits on it.
Here's my original thread. This is my old car. My new Elise has it and I have the button on the light switch/starter button access panel.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129/cool-mod-garage-door-opener-switch-122796/

It's simple. You need a $5 momentary switch from Radio Shack, some wire, an extra garage remote (the small keychain style) from Amazon and some basic soldering and drilling skills.

Easy mod, looks OEM and makes life easier.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, you rerouted the switch for convenience, nice.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The set on the right is definitely OEM. That's what I have with my Elise. I don't recognize any of that stuff on the left.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
does your car still have the locking wheel nut on each wheel? If so - you wanna find that socket key also in those tools. If no lock on wheels, you are all set. If you have the locks and no keys - it's a problem.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All of these locks fit my wheels. I have every thing I need just dont know what I dont need? also only the small hook fits, where does the large fit?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Large hook looks like the size that goes on any other European car. Those threads are huge!

You only need one key. Sell the rest. People loose them all the time.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So this large hook is useless to me then? If I sell it, what is it called. Evora hook? Or is it too hard to tell.

·
Registered
903 Posts
You only need one key. Sell the rest. People loose them all the time.
Which is precisely why you shouldn't have one at all... with a resounding 60% saying they no longer have them in this poll: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25...-still-have-them-installed-your-elige-213626/ I think it's a reflection of that.

If you're worried about your wheels being stolen, consider that your car can probably be moved by 3 large men. They don't necessarily need to remove your wheels if they can load the thing up on a trailer in 10 minutes.

I would also make a comment about where you park it, etc but I understand not everyone has the luxury of choosing where they get to park their car (downtown car parks, etc)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Technically its the towing eye but most call it a tow hook.
From your picture it looks like the set on the left is for an Evora? Did ulao get his car from a dealer? I thought I read him complaining about a check not clearing quickly enough so I'm guessing it was from an individual

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah I got it from JimofOrlando. But he never knew it was there. I never park where it cant be seen, I just want to rid of this stuff I dont need. Jim got this from the Worldimports in Jacksonville.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.