The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these, but decided to go with the Lotus Sport Clutch instead and then the dealer put the Lotus flywheel in too instead of the Toda.

Simply smooth! ACT Clutch with Street Discs are designed for smooth engagement, quiet operation and improved durability using only the best organic, spring center designs. The marcel of the disc has been modified to enable quicker action. These discs use special performance linings designed to withstand high heat and abuse.

ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plates provide increased torque capacity, durability, and extended clutch life. ACT engineers a stronger diaphragm that are heat-treated using an exclusive 3-stage process and the release bearing contact area is hardened to reduce wear. Advanced Clutch Technology still contends that nothing can beat a good quality organic disc for street use.
Increased Torque Capacity, Durability, & Extended Clutch Life Designed for Smooth Engagement & Quiet Operation.

Pressure & Release Travel in the Optimum Working Range. Able to Withstand High Heat & Abuse. 90 Day Warranty. Installation: Direct replacement.
http://forcedfed.com/elise/clutchsets/porganic.html paid $369 + shipping

TODA Racing lightweight flywheels increase throttle response and aide in overall vehicle performance. These are not modified stock flywheels, but brand new units produced from 100% chromoly steel. In addition to these flywheels, TODA Racing also offers high performance clutch packages which include a TODA flywheel, pressure plate, and disk. Please contact us for pricing on clutch kits.
http://forcedfed.com/elise/flywheels/toda.html paid $419 + shipping

10% off + shipping or 15% off + shipping if you buy both

·
Registered
445 Posts
I wish I was ready, it sounds like a great deal. I have enough parts sitting around in boxes in my kitchen and garage, lol. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
591 Posts
mine!!

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Isn't the lotus sport one a reboxed TRD? which is a reboxed exedy.. :)
Would you happen to know if Exedy is the OEM 'Yota supplier as well?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
How much does it cost to install a clutch?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Several people on here are running the Toda flywheel with no probs whatsover,I don't understand why you wouldn't recommend it?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Well I bought it already so let him spill the beans. I want to know also.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Clutch and Flywheel are in transit.

Not a biggie, but it did seem strange to have a moderator come into a for sale thread with negative comments...

My Exige is an 06 with 20K miles. The Lotus Sport Clutch allowed me to maintain my warranty. The Toda flywheel was supposed to go in the car, but the tech made a mistake and put the Lotus one in instead. Rather than keep them around in my garage or pay the restocking fee, I decided to sell them directly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts