The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully installed the euro fog light on their Evora 4xx series car? My understanding is that the following steps are needed:

1. New master headlight switch is needed with the integral fog push button, PN A132M6134F
2. Replace one backup light with Lotus rear fog, A132M0350F
3. insert 3A fuse into position cabin fuse box position C20
4. "turn on" fog light feature of the ICM using Lotus TechCentre to active Fog light setting

What I don't know is if any of this works on a US (Federal) car. i.e. is all the wiring in place or did the Federal harness neuter this? Will lack of fog warning lights on US instrument panel create issues, etc. I don't really want to spend too much on hardware without known if I have a chance.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I don't know anything about the Evora's, I'm an Elise owner (2005 Federal). I know it's different than your situation but I didn't like the way the 2 round tail lights on each side of the Elige's were split into 4 separate segments that lit up in strange (in my opinion dimly lit) ways. I too wanted to make use of the rear fog light, but I also wanted anyone behind me to know when I applied the brakes since chances are I can brake much quicker than them. I rewired mine so that both tail lights on each side light up completely when the running lights are turned on, and go brighter when the brake is applied. I wired the rear fog lights to act as turn signals since that previously empty spot had an amber lens. I think the car looks better with this lighting configuration and you can't miss it when I apply the brakes...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I know its not exactly what you asked, but I added the fog light to my S.

The wiring was there for plug and play. It used the same plug connector but different internal pins. I replaced the light switch with the Euro version and obviously swapped the left reverse light for the fog light. No additional fuse was required.

The switch itself illuminates when the fog light is on. Although there is an icon on the dash, I did not bother to ask my dealer to try to program it. The illuminated switch is fine for me.

My guess is that the 4XX install would be similar as you suggest. I would be pretty shocked if it wasn't.

(reverse light shown below- same connector but different pin configuration for fog light.)

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know its not exactly what you asked, but I added the fog light to my S.

The wiring was there for plug and play. It used the same plug connector but different internal pins. I replaced the light switch with the Euro version and obviously swapped the left reverse light for the fog light. No additional fuse was required.

The switch itself illuminates when the fog light is on. Although there is an icon on the dash, I did not bother to ask my dealer to try to program it. The illuminated switch is fine for me.

My guess is that the 4XX install would be similar as you suggest. I would be pretty shocked if it wasn't.

(reverse light shown below- same connector but different pin configuration for fog light.)
Thanks that is a big help.

The ICM is different between same S1 to 4xx, but has the same pinouts for fog and now the US and ROW ICM are actually the same unit so should be trouble free.

Switch is no longer illuminated, but not a big to program with TechCenter if needed.

·
Illegal Alien
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
TechCenter programming is only needed to activate the fog light warning lamp on the dash. The lamp itself will work once wired, assuming it's the same as the earlier cars.
Wiring diagram is the same, only change is the integration of the switch within the new rotary headlight switch.

Thanks every one.

Started order process with Gator, although I may leave Federal backup light and substitute Cartek rain light run off same circuit, which is also on order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts